• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Seriously? You Have To Provide Your Own Water Bottle For The Windshield Washer?

Inigo93

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Didn't the old school street rod guys do this back in the day with Jack Daniels bottles or was that some kind of overflow? As long as it doesn't freeze I can't see this as a bad simple solution.

That was a common trick for street rod guys for the radiator overflow.

Jeff Miller

Elio Addict
Reaction score
If this is just a packaging exercise than I think it is quite ingenious. I suspect you might actually get a bottle with the car but if not, you buy one and continue to use it just as you would any other refillable container.

Things could be worse. Remember that the beetle originally powered the windshield washer with air from the spare tire. Brillant! Have a clean windshield but if you need the spare it might be empty :(

ST13Fred

Elio Addict
Reaction score
So, if I understand this right, the bottled water in the engine bay is put on the windshield and the wiper blade is the scrubber?

That is weird. Having a standard ACTIVE washer system is a safety feature all vehicle have and Elio SHOULD have. The above 'system' is STATIC and actually useless.

Maybe I'm wrong and the warm water is for the occupants to consume.

3 Card

Elio Addict
Reaction score
The gas cap discussion prompted this topic.

For those of you who think this type of topic is trolling, don't play!:) For everyone else, what do you think?

"According to Vassallo, the engine compartment is designed to hold store-bought bottled water which the consumer can swap out as needed."

http://www.komonews.com/news/consumer/Three-wheel-car-boasts-up-to-84mpg-for-6800-222620511.html
It ain't no big deal.. you can fill it with wiper fluid.. small windshield a 20 ounce bottle will las a long time..just hope it has a spray pump

Top Bottom