• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Seriously? You Have To Provide Your Own Water Bottle For The Windshield Washer?

MW

Elio Fan
Reaction score
I do not see an issue, as a washer fluid bottle will take all kinds of heat as long as there is fluid in it, and if it is empty no one should really care since you'll be putting a new on it there anyway.

That said, I would be pretty certain there wouldn't be a problem anyway.

Edward

Elio Addict
Reaction score
the thing is supposed to get 84 mpg and cost under 7 grand and somehow screwing a cap onto a store bottle instead of pouring the bottle into a reservoir is supposed to be a problem??? I actually think its a cool idea, (and one more thing to customize!).
Like Zelio, I probably spill more than I get in the reservior.
On the flip side, when was the last time you got all of the contents out of a spray bottle? Seems like there is going to wind up being a lot of waste. Probably more than $8 worth over the life of the car.
Yeah, me too. I thought it was a regular "designer water" bottle. But a standard washer fluid bottle makes more sense. Ought to get about two years use out of a bottle on the Elio, unlike the gallon bottle on our van that has to service a huge windshield and the rear glass too.
My Chrysler just has the front windshielf washer, but the environments I work and park in are so dusty that I wind up using it every day and got through a couple bottles per year.

mdfb42

Elio Aficionado
Reaction score
I think everyone that is against this idea needs to see the big picture. A few bucks here and there add up to a few hundred per car and when the business model is to build 250,000 a year. That's several million in costs that can very easily make or break a company. 100% support from me

Horn

Elio Addict
Reaction score
The water bottle doesn't bother me, but I could see it bothering the potential mass market.

You know there will be people that jokingly say "water bottle for your wipers and gallon jug of milk for your gas tank or radiator..."

The water bottle thing will look like a joke to many people and make the car look cheap. It makes sense in terms of cutting costs and simplicity, but it would hurt the image IMO. The average cheapass could care less though, but the average cheap ass would buy this regardless.

I think what would make sense is to have the water bottle system as the bare bones model. Then any model that is more expensive have a reservoir.

Doug_L_32548

Reaction score
The gas cap discussion prompted this topic.

For those of you who think this type of topic is trolling, don't play!:) For everyone else, what do you think?

"According to Vassallo, the engine compartment is designed to hold store-bought bottled water which the consumer can swap out as needed."

http://www.komonews.com/news/consumer/Three-wheel-car-boasts-up-to-84mpg-for-6800-222620511.html

Actually, from what I read, not a water bottle, but one of those one-gallon bottles of windshield-wiper fluid (which you have to buy anyway). Now you don't have to pour it into a reservoir and risk spilling it, you just take the empty bottle off the feeder hose and toss it in the trash, open the new bottle, and hook it up to the feeder hose. Bada-boom-badda-bing.

mdfb42

Elio Aficionado
Reaction score
The water bottle doesn't bother me, but I could see it bothering the potential mass market.

You know there will be people that jokingly say "water bottle for your wipers and gallon jug of milk for your gas tank or radiator..."

The water bottle thing will look like a joke to many people and make the car look cheap. It makes sense in terms of cutting costs and simplicity, but it would hurt the image IMO. The average cheapass could care less though, but the average cheap ass would buy this regardless.

I think what would make sense is to have the water bottle system as the bare bones model. Then any model that is more expensive have a reservoir.
Isn't the average cheapass (like me) who they are marketing to? Additionally from what I have seen it is well established that this car's purpose it to be a utility and stand solely on its use, not be a fashion image or statement via image. Correct me if I'm wrong.

Top Bottom