• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Should Elio Offer An Ecu Tuned For Higher Hp?

TeamCoconutOreo

Elio Addict
Reaction score
If the motor will have a high enough compression ratio to truly benefit from a more aggressive timing curve using 91 octane gasoline, I think Elio should give us the option of a premium unleaded tune to optimize efficiency and performance. I wouldn't mind paying a little extra per gallon for fuel in exchange of higher mpg and maybe a little kick in power.

Edit: After all, isn't lowering our dependence on foreign oil one of the main reasons that Elio is so darn attractive?

tazairforce

Elio Addict
Reaction score
If the motor will have a high enough compression ratio to truly benefit from a more aggressive timing curve using 91 octane gasoline, I think Elio should give us the option of a premium unleaded tune to optimize efficiency and performance. I wouldn't mind paying a little extra per gallon for fuel in exchange of higher mpg and maybe a little kick in power.

Edit: After all, isn't lowering our dependence on foreign oil one of the main reasons that Elio is so darn attractive?

I would be willing to pay extra for an op to select the timeing(?) from a dash mounted switch.
Setting 1, reg timeing, reg gas, while running solo in the Elio
Setting 2, more HP, use Premium gas, while towing a bike type cargo trailer or small pop-up tent camper, especially when in the mountians. or more aggressive driving when solo.
If it were availiable.
I'm not an automotive gear head and know nothing about the possibility.
BTW, I have learned a LOT from the posts of the GHs here, Thanks.

wheaters

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I would be willing to pay extra for an op to select the timeing(?) from a dash mounted switch.

I fitted this facility to my Liege's engine, using an Aldon Amethyst electronic ignition setup. You build your own timing curve to suit your car, using a connection to a laptop and once you're finished experimenting you have the choice of two preferred curves at the flick of a switch.

This only works for engines retaining a distributor, the Elio possibly won't.

Their website:

Top Bottom