• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Shreveport Plant Operations And Personnel Questions

goofyone

Staff member
Reaction score
It looks like I have discovered yet another reason why using the Shreveport plant is a brilliant move for EM!

You may be shocked to find out that Shreveport, LA is actually only 360 straight line miles southwest of the mean center of the US population.

The mean center is: "the point at which an imaginary, flat, weightless, and rigid map of the United States would balance perfectly if weights of identical value were placed on it so that each weight represented the location of one person on the date of the census"

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mean_center_of_the_United_States_population

zelio

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Is there a way to apply for a job at the plant yet.
I know a very talented person that has a skill set which may benefit EM immensely.
And he is interested in applying.
MK
They are not accepting applications at this time. The place to watch is on EM website, About tab, Careers. They will post information there when they are ready to start taking applications. At least that is what they say. :-) Z

UCF'73

Elio Addict
Reaction score
EM has issued a news release that it plans to sell unneeded equipment at the Shreveport plant. I was wondering if this step has to be completed before they can proceed with further production plans or can the surplus equipment simply be moved out to a vacant building and the sale proceed at the same time they execute other production tasks. Also, it seems to be implied that money from the sale of the equipment is needed to pay production costs. So, how long will it take to find buyers and do the transactions?

JJ

Elio Fan
Reaction score
I've gotten to the point that I only expect 'steps closer' on every news article. Things are way behind schedule. When will there be concrete dates? Actual building and renovating at the plant and finally production of vehicles? I have doubts vehicles will hit the road in 2015, I hope so but doubtful. Sorry.

Truett Collins

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I've gotten to the point that I only expect 'steps closer' on every news article. Things are way behind schedule. When will there be concrete dates? Actual building and renovating at the plant and finally production of vehicles? I have doubts vehicles will hit the road in 2015, I hope so but doubtful. Sorry.

my grandma would tell me, "don't worry about things you can't do anything about" and i've found that advice to be quite helpful in dealing with most of life. the elio production schedule is just one of those things. ahhhhh! life is good.

JJ....it takes one step at a time to reach the goal.

Goldwing....see my signature below.

Keith Dahl

Elio Addict
Reaction score

goofyone

Staff member
Reaction score

I understand the frustration and being guarded about the timeline may be a wise idea however, as JJ and Goldwing have pointed out, we have no control over any of this so we simply must following along the steps one step at a time as everything moves closer to where we all want it to be.

The plant can be reconfigured in only a matter of a couple of months so that really is not where the focus is or should be at this point however the good news is that we now know that the first steps will begin soon. EM's main focus is on the vehicle development program as frankly if that is not completed it really does not matter whether or not the plant is ready.

Top Bottom