• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Shreveport Road Tour Visit

Norahsbed

Elio Addict
Reaction score
If I can drive 950 miles in a truck, pulling a trailer, by myself, in 14 hours (13hrs 45 min personal best time, no trailer ) with 3 pit stops. I think a team pulling a trailer can do 1500 in well under 30 hours.

zelio

Elio Addict
Reaction score
If I can drive 950 miles in a truck, pulling a trailer, by myself, in 14 hours (13hrs 45 min personal best time, no trailer ) with 3 pit stops. I think a team pulling a trailer can do 1500 in well under 30 hours.
I'm not sure being able to do and being wise to do are the same thing. These people put in long hours at the events and they need some time off. Their "time off" is already spent traveling from one event to another plus set up and take down at each end. And they spend many hours talking to hundreds and hundreds of people - always being pleasant and informative. Being able to drive a distance is only a very small part of the equation in my very biased and not the least bit humble opinion. :-) Z

Norahsbed

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Z, your right! They need time off and rest. I was referring to the comment of 38 hours on the road to drive 1500 miles. I know there are at least 2 vehicles, truck with trailer and an RV. How many people? I don't know, however I assumed 2 in each vehicle. 2 would be sleeping in the RV, while the other 2 drove. Back when I was team trucking we drove in 5 hour shifts, taking a short break every 2 1/2 hours. With an average speed of 60mph for 1500 miles that's 25 hours, leaving 5 hours for gas ups, eating, bathroom breaks and leg stretching! That's 10, 30 minute breaks in 1500 miles. If there are only two drivers, one in each vehicle, it would not be possible.

bebopag

Elio Aficionado
Reaction score
HELP !!!
A GO, or ah...NO GO ?
Cannot locate any official sources concerning Shreveport Road Show (set for Louisiana State Fair in Shreveport, La. - Sunday - Nov 9th, 2014).
Seems like seven (7) days before the event there should now be some form official Elio confirmation ?
Sure hate to drive 180 miles (360 r/t) without a ray of hope...for an "I'm-All-In" $1k deposit holder.
Well, least I got a nice t-shirt and bumper sticker.
Any information assistance shall be most sincerely appreciative.
Thanks !
bop

wayne kemp

Elio Addict
Reaction score
HELP !!!
A GO, or ah...NO GO ?
Cannot locate any official sources concerning Shreveport Road Show (set for Louisiana State Fair in Shreveport, La. - Sunday - Nov 9th, 2014).
Seems like seven (7) days before the event there should now be some form official Elio confirmation ?
Sure hate to drive 180 miles (360 r/t) without a ray of hope...for an "I'm-All-In" $1k deposit holder.
Thanks !
bop
I think all we can do is keep checking Elio's site. Not good PR or planning to me to make people wait till the last minute.

bebopag

Elio Aficionado
Reaction score
Thanks Wayne:
Have so many friends wanting to see Elio first hand we were considering a caravan to Shreveport.
Sorta difficult for most folks to make a day-before "road-trip" decision.
Had about 12-15 couples lined up and now getting daily calls.
Hate to keep telling them "no official news...yet."

wayne kemp

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Thanks Wayne:
Have so many friends wanting to see Elio first hand we were considering a caravan to Shreveport.
Sorta difficult for most folks to make a day-before "road-trip" decision.
Had about 12-15 couples lined up and now getting daily calls.
Hate to keep telling them "no official news...yet."
I plan on being there Sun. and maybe Monday IF THEY SHOW. Keep our fingers crossed.

zelio

Elio Addict
Reaction score
HELP !!!
A GO, or ah...NO GO ?
Thanks !
bop
It is very rare for us to get information until the week of the event. In this case, the P4, Paul Elio and the tour team are all in Las Vegas at SEMA through 11/7. That makes a very tight schedule for getting them to Shreveport. Believe me, if we had more information it would be posted. :-) Z

Top Bottom