• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Shreveport Times Caddo Commissioner Working On Contract For Elio Partner Shreveport Times One Cadd

Status
Not open for further replies.

tonyspumoni

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Waaaayyyyyneeee. You rock, dude. No, seriously. Very entertaining stuff.

You are totally right. No statistics, however reliable, will refute you. But hey, even poor people own cars. I just did a very non-scientific search for cars in my zip code for sale on Craigslist (I know, I know, Craigslist is a myth - but let's just say it IS real for a minute). Had to be <$6800 and had to have less than 50k miles. There was some pretty good stuff there. Lots of SUVs. Few Civics. I'll give you my zip code just for kicks so you too can enjoy the ride. 92126.

85% of working adults who do NOT live in a major metropolitan area DO own cars, regardless of their income level, you dolt. We can dispute how to count the incarcerated but why quibble? Or make sense? Call me Wayne.

Hey - this is kinda fun, this whole suspension of reality thing. I could kinda get used to it.

tazairforce

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I agree with this. Most 'poor' people would probably want more utility from their only vehicle than the Elio will offer. You can hardly get groceries for the week in one.

Ty,
I beg to differ.
I took special note of the trunk/back seat area of that Beautiful Creamcycle Elio at B'ham.
As I am single and still 'Poor and Hired Out', I see no reason that a weeks worth of groceries can not fit in that area. A weeks worth would only consist of a Stack of Rib Eyes/10# bag of potatos/bread/30 pack and maybe a watermelon, in season. I could even add a bag of cheap apples to feed my little worm family. They Do like pureed apples, makes them happy and increases their productivity rate. I just Never mention the fact that they are destined to be fish food.lol

tonyspumoni

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Just to save myself from parsing, I'll say that 85% of working adults in non-metro areas have access to a car. This will prevent Wayne from saying that husbands and wives don't count, or some other derivative loopiness.

In this country if you don't live in one of the top metro areas you have to drive if you want to eat. Those people owns cars. Options for reliable cars that cost less than 7k are slim. The average cost for a franchise dealer used car in 2013 according to Edmunds was $15,617. Very many people who ride share are who drive unreliable used cars are below the poverty line, particularly in urban areas. According to Sophie Quinton, writing in the National Journal, "almost all households, regardless of socioeconomic status, own at least one vehicle."

(http://www.nationaljournal.com/next...hip-helps-the-working-poor-get-ahead-20140724)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom