• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Shreveport Times Caddo Commissioner Working On Contract For Elio Partner Shreveport Times One Cadd

Status
Not open for further replies.

CaribbeanZombie

Elio Aficionado
Reaction score
This kinda sounds like a conflict of interest...he voted for public funds to be used in order to benefit a private company, then after it's approved, he goes to work for the company!?! This sounds an awful lot like our politicians (which he is) who approve billions in expenditures for private companies, then retire & are hired on by the company as a "consultant"!
Maybe I'm way off base here, but I think this was a bad move by Comau & could open a can of worms...I really hope I'm wrong!!! I'm sure plenty of people will explain how I am confused (sarcasm)! ;)

CompTrex

Elio Addict
Reaction score
This kinda sounds like a conflict of interest...he voted for public funds to be used in order to benefit a private company, then after it's approved, he goes to work for the company!?! This sounds an awful lot like our politicians (which he is) who approve billions in expenditures for private companies, then retire & are hired on by the company as a "consultant"!
Maybe I'm way off base here, but I think this was a bad move by Comau & could open a can of worms...I really hope I'm wrong!!! I'm sure plenty of people will explain how I am confused (sarcasm)! ;)

I thought the same thing when I read it. I wondered how long it was going to take before people started crying 'foul'.

eddie66

Elio Addict
Reaction score
This guy actually went to work. Usually politicians retire and become lobbyists. It sounds like he went to work for Comau to help inventory and sell off the excess equipment.

Last edited:

CaribbeanZombie

Elio Aficionado
Reaction score
I thought the same thing when I read it. I wondered how long it was going to take before people started crying 'foul'.
I don't think it'll take long at all...to me, this was more disheartening than all the delays! A lot of us have had to "defend" the Elio, which is pretty easy to do, considering what it will accomplish, but something like this could possibly kill the entire deal...if someone cries "legal foul" & injunctions are filed to stop the Elio! Again, I really hope that I'm wrong & this arrangement is 100% legal, but the way the Shreveport Times reported it, it sure sounds as if he's receiving a kick-back for a "purchased" vote!

eddie66

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I don't think it'll take long at all...to me, this was more disheartening than all the delays! A lot of us have had to "defend" the Elio, which is pretty easy to do, considering what it will accomplish, but something like this could possibly kill the entire deal...if someone cries "legal foul" & injunctions are filed to stop the Elio! Again, I really hope that I'm wrong & this arrangement is 100% legal, but the way the Shreveport Times reported it, it sure sounds as if he's receiving a kick-back for a "purchased" vote!
I don't see that at all. I just see a working stiff that found a job. I doubt he's making much more than a normal construction worker's salery. I'd be more interested to hear any news about the sale of some of that excess equipment, and how much Elio has made from it. To hear that they have added a couple million towards their startup fees, would be something to write about.

wayne kemp

Elio Addict
Reaction score
It's Louisiana, just the way business is done. Haven't you people been keeping up with the most corrupt states? :)
You do remember our X felon Governor.....Former Louisiana Gov. Edwin Edwards, the 87-year-old convicted felon running for an open House seat, finished in the top two on Tuesday

CompTrex

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I don't see that at all. I just see a working stiff that found a job. I doubt he's making much more than a normal construction worker's salery. I'd be more interested to hear any news about the sale of some of that excess equipment, and how much Elio has made from it. To hear that they have added a couple million towards their startup fees, would be something to write about.
I agree. I don't think much will be made of it.
My concern, like @CaribbeanZombie , is perception. I hope it's all good and no one blinks.

Ty

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Well, they voted to use Racer Trust to manage the property who in turn leased it to Elio who in turn hired Comau to help set it up who in turn hired this guy...

Paul bought something from Sears who hired Bob whose cousin Ted works at Wal-Mart who sells shirts and reflective vests which John Escude's brother bought and then gave to John... better chase down that lead too...

It's odd but I don't see a conflict of interest in the hiring. Now, if there were another vote perhaps. "I'll vote for this but you have to promise me that Caddo Parish will then lease the property to a company (Racer Trust) who will then lease it to another company (Elio) who will hire on a third company (Comau) who will then hire me as a laborer for a couple of weeks..."

Nothing to see here. Move along.

Dustoff

Elio Addict
Reaction score
:confused:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom