• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Shreveport Times Caddo Commissioner Working On Contract For Elio Partner Shreveport Times One Cadd

Status
Not open for further replies.

zelio

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Well, it was reported by the Shreveport Times, so enough people thought it was newsworthy to run the story. Idk his background or anything more than what was in the news article. My point was how it could be PERCEIVED, because of the way it was reported & the lack of details included. I'm disheartened in the way it was reported, I immediately thought kick back...& yes, that is how the business world works, but I'm just hoping that a company I'm damn near emotional about, wouldn't do anything that could be considered questionable business practices! I used to be in charge of ordering a company's IT budget & our main supplier gave me $1000's in techie gadgets every year (not to mention a nice trip to Miami), in order to keep me ordering from them! Kickbacks make the business world go round, I won't deny that! I just hope it's all legal & I'd like to see the paper do a follow-up story, with more detail & more talk about all the jobs Elio is creating across the board! :)
So because you took kick backs you assume everyone else did or does? I did all the ordering for many of my jobs when I worked and I never got kick backs. Maybe a pen with the company logo on it but it was always a cheap pen that never lasted long. I think you are reacting to your own guilt. I didn't even see the article as suggestive. I only saw it as information. I'm glad someone got a job, if only a temporary one, who is local rather than being brought in from another state. :-) Z

eddie66

Elio Addict
Reaction score
So because you took kick backs you assume everyone else did or does? I did all the ordering for many of my jobs when I worked and I never got kick backs. Maybe a pen with the company logo on it but it was always a cheap pen that never lasted long. I think you are reacting to your own guilt. I didn't even see the article as suggestive. I only saw it as information. I'm glad someone got a job, if only a temporary one, who is local rather than being brought in from another state. :) Z
anybody notice the new reservation #s?
Number of current reservations: 36287
( Nov 09, 2014)

wayne kemp

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Only number that's really important is the All In's that get a production number. That is less than 11500.
Those I would say are a 99.7% of a sale. The other 24,000+ will have some that drop out due to not being able to get the funds or other reasons.
Elio needs to work on getting the 1K all in numbers up.

eddie66

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Only number that's really important is the All In's that get a production number. That is less than 11500.
Those I would say are a 99.7% of a sale. The other 24,000+ will have some that drop out due to not being able to get the funds or other reasons.
Elio needs to work on getting the 1K all in numbers up.
Wayne,
I disagree. Not everyone can afford to put up $1000. That doesn't mean they are not equally dedicated to purchasing an Elio. All reservation holders are important to the success of Elio Motors.

wayne kemp

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Wayne,
I disagree. Not everyone can afford to put up $1000. That doesn't mean they are not equally dedicated to purchasing an Elio. All reservation holders are important to the success of Elio Motors.
You did notice where I said some will drop out. I'm sure that most can't put up a 1K. What I have seen happen in some cases like this is that some can get the $100.00 and really want an Elio but when time comes to get one they still can't afford it.
I hope everyone on the list gets one. But if Elio had more 1K's in that would help secure production sooner.

eddie66

Elio Addict
Reaction score
You did notice where I said some will drop out. I'm sure that most can't put up a 1K. What I have seen happen in some cases like this is that some can get the $100.00 and really want an Elio but when time comes to get one they still can't afford it.
I hope everyone on the list gets one. But if Elio had more 1K's in that would help secure production sooner.
If every reservation holder was in for 1K, Elio still wouldn't have enough to go into production. Paul's vision was for this to be a vehicle for the people who could never afford a new car.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom