• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Shreveport Times Caddo Commissioner Working On Contract For Elio Partner Shreveport Times One Cadd

Status
Not open for further replies.

tonyspumoni

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Well, they voted to use Racer Trust to manage the property who in turn leased it to Elio who in turn hired Comau to help set it up who in turn hired this guy...

Paul bought something from Sears who hired Bob whose cousin Ted works at Wal-Mart who sells shirts and reflective vests which John Escude's brother bought and then gave to John... better chase down that lead too...

It's odd but I don't see a conflict of interest in the hiring. Now, if there were another vote perhaps. "I'll vote for this but you have to promise me that Caddo Parish will then lease the property to a company (Racer Trust) who will then lease it to another company (Elio) who will hire on a third company (Comau) who will then hire me as a laborer for a couple of weeks..."

Nothing to see here. Move along.

Totally agree. I fail to see how this man plotted and planned to approve the Parish purchase just so he could, um, get a temporary contract to photograph eauipment? The poor bastard might've worked for GM before and might be familiar with all the gear. I too am starved for news but news this is not. Bully for him.

CaribbeanZombie

Elio Aficionado
Reaction score
Well, it was reported by the Shreveport Times, so enough people thought it was newsworthy to run the story. Idk his background or anything more than what was in the news article. My point was how it could be PERCEIVED, because of the way it was reported & the lack of details included. I'm disheartened in the way it was reported, I immediately thought kick back...& yes, that is how the business world works, but I'm just hoping that a company I'm damn near emotional about, wouldn't do anything that could be considered questionable business practices! I used to be in charge of ordering a company's IT budget & our main supplier gave me $1000's in techie gadgets every year (not to mention a nice trip to Miami), in order to keep me ordering from them! Kickbacks make the business world go round, I won't deny that! I just hope it's all legal & I'd like to see the paper do a follow-up story, with more detail & more talk about all the jobs Elio is creating across the board! :)

Jay3wheel

Elio Addict
Reaction score
It must be hard to be an investigative journalist in Shreveport. There just isn't must going on. They didn't bother to mention in the article what the vote count was in the approval of the sale. If it was 3-2 or something maybe there could be an issue, if it was 8-2 not so much, we aren't given that information. There aren't many jobs in that area, so you take what you can get. It sounds like it is a temporary position as he described it. He doesn't work for Elio any more than I do (not that I would mind). If your job is to write a 1000 words a week, you have to write something, if this guy sold his vote, he didn't get very much for it. This is less than a molehill trying to be made into a mountain. This person also probably has to cover the local PTA meetings and dog shows.

eddie66

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I don't think it'll take long at all...to me, this was more disheartening than all the delays! A lot of us have had to "defend" the Elio, which is pretty easy to do, considering what it will accomplish, but something like this could possibly kill the entire deal...if someone cries "legal foul" & injunctions are filed to stop the Elio! Again, I really hope that I'm wrong & this arrangement is 100% legal, but the way the Shreveport Times reported it, it sure sounds as if he's receiving a kick-back for a "purchased" vote!
It's Louisiana, just the way business is done. Haven't you people been keeping up with the most corrupt states? :)
You do remember our X felon Governor.....Former Louisiana Gov. Edwin Edwards, the 87-year-old convicted felon running for an open House seat, finished in the top two on Tuesday
Just wondering if you guys are related??

Truett Collins

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Well, they voted to use Racer Trust to manage the property who in turn leased it to Elio who in turn hired Comau to help set it up who in turn hired this guy...

Paul bought something from Sears who hired Bob whose cousin Ted works at Wal-Mart who sells shirts and reflective vests which John Escude's brother bought and then gave to John... better chase down that lead too...

It's odd but I don't see a conflict of interest in the hiring. Now, if there were another vote perhaps. "I'll vote for this but you have to promise me that Caddo Parish will then lease the property to a company (Racer Trust) who will then lease it to another company (Elio) who will hire on a third company (Comau) who will then hire me as a laborer for a couple of weeks..."

Nothing to see here. Move along.
This was along my way of seeing it......

zelio

Elio Addict
Reaction score
This kinda sounds like a conflict of interest...he voted for public funds to be used in order to benefit a private company, then after it's approved, he goes to work for the company!?! This sounds an awful lot like our politicians (which he is) who approve billions in expenditures for private companies, then retire & are hired on by the company as a "consultant"!
Maybe I'm way off base here, but I think this was a bad move by Comau & could open a can of worms...I really hope I'm wrong!!! I'm sure plenty of people will explain how I am confused (sarcasm)! ;)
I don't agree. He is actually 3 or 4 layers away from conflict of interest. Neither Elio Motors or Comau own the plant, it is owned by the Parrish, if I remember correctly. They in turned leased the enitre facility to IRG, a company known for getting empty plants repopulated. EM has leased part of the entire facility from IRG. Comau is a partner (the one that will be setting up the production line) and a contractor for removing excess equipment bought by EM from the plant. This gentleman in turn, is a contractor (temporary employee) of Comau. That would be no different than me, as a future Elio owner, getting a temporary job at the plant to help with the removal of the equipment from the facility. Actually, what he is doing on this assignment sounds like something I wouldn't mind doing. I wonder if he ever worked for GM and therefore is actually familiar with the equipment. I know it was stated that some of the contractors doing the work were former GM employees. Cool. :-) Z

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom