• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Shrouded

pistonboy

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I thought I would finally join the forum since I have been reading it for several months. I am all in for $1000 and have a spot in line (production number as this forum calls it) of #7761

I see the Elio team showing the car all over the country creating reservation holders all over the country. Thus the first Elios (going to the reservation holders) will be on the road all over the country creating their own advertising because everyone will see it and ask the owner about it. It is very distinctive. The media, always needing something to hype about, will give it plenty of air time. This is free advertising during the slower production rate first year. Again, this is free advertising, it will be nation wide, and by the time high production rates kick in, there will be a hysterical demand for the car. The Elio people are very shrouded. Anyone can spend a lot of money to buy advertising, but few people know how to get it free!

zelio

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I thought I would finally join the forum since I have been reading it for several months. I am all in for $1000 and have a spot in line (production number as this forum calls it) of #7761

I see the Elio team showing the car all over the country creating reservation holders all over the country. Thus the first Elios (going to the reservation holders) will be on the road all over the country creating their own advertising because everyone will see it and ask the owner about it. It is very distinctive. The media, always needing something to hype about, will give it plenty of air time. This is free advertising during the slower production rate first year. Again, this is free advertising, it will be nation wide, and by the time high production rates kick in, there will be a hysterical demand for the car. The Elio people are very shrouded. Anyone can spend a lot of money to buy advertising, but few people know how to get it free!
Hi and welcome from Oregon, pistonboy. You must enjoy us a little bit if you have decided to join after reading for several months. Congratulations on your number. It is good to have you on board and I look forward to hearing more from you. :-) Z

Norahsbed

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Hey Pistonboy welcome to the family! Lurking around for several months means you know how things work here! So don't be so shy and jump right in, tell us what you really think!:eek:;):) Yep, nothing like free advertising to get a start up business rocking, so we all need to brush up on our Elio speak, cause we will be asked!:D

pistonboy

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Hey Pistonboy welcome to the family! Lurking around for several months means you know how things work here! So don't be so shy and jump right in, tell us what you really think!:eek:;):) Yep, nothing like free advertising to get a start up business rocking, so we all need to brush up on our Elio speak, cause we will be asked!:D
Yes, we will be asked! And a lot! I drive three Corvairs and I am asked constantly, but that will be nothing with the amount of questions we will get from the Elio. At first this is enjoyable. Then it becomes annoying. Perhaps we should put a sign in the back window explaining the Elio.

Norahsbed

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Yes, we will be asked! And a lot! I drive three Corvairs and I am asked constantly, but that will be nothing with the amount of questions we will get from the Elio. At first this is enjoyable. Then it becomes annoying. Perhaps we should put a sign in the back window explaining the Elio.
Corsairs, that brings back some High School memories!:rolleyes: Best friend had one and we drove that little thing into the ground!:D

Jim H

Elio Addict
Reaction score

Pistonboy, welcome to the forum and congratulations on your number. If you've been following the forum you already know ot is the best place for information about the Elio. Looking forward to your comments and opinions.

Jeff Porter

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Norton, KS; halfway between Kansas City and Denver

Welcome PB, congrats on your all-in, what, back in August most likely. :-) You make a good point, there will be hysterics on the road as we drive past. "Hey, can I get a ride in that?" "Hey, what the heck IS that thing?" "HEY, where can I get one of those?"

They are shrouded for sure, protected and secured away by the promise of production. They are also very shrewd. :-)

Top Bottom