• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Silver Linings

Trusting

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Well..."technically" no snakes are poisonous, but there are some that are venomous. :rolleyes: [Thank you Missouri Department of Conservation for straightening me out on that misconception in front of a big crowd at an open house event at Lone Elk Park! :nono:]

I know, I know... snakes are off topic. But being you guys brought up the subject and there's so little Elio stuff to talk about, here goes.

How would you like to come home and find this guy at your front door? I did, last summer....

snake.jpg

NSTG8R

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I know, I know... snakes are off topic. But being you guys brought up the subject and there's so little Elio stuff to talk about, here goes.

How would you like to come home and find this guy at your front door? I did, last summer....

snake.jpg

YIKES!! :scared:
Looks to be about a 2-footer going by the size of the brick. Those are the size that can easily slip into your house when you're not looking!

...But back on the "Silver Lining" topic, he'll help keep the mouse population down.

Doug McDow

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Well..."technically" no snakes are poisonous, but there are some that are venomous. :rolleyes: [Thank you Missouri Department of Conservation for straightening me out on that misconception in front of a big crowd at an open house event at Lone Elk Park! :nono:]
I guess that I should have called her a frog! :D

Trusting

Elio Addict
Reaction score
YIKES!! :scared:
Looks to be about a 2-footer going by the size of the brick. Those are the size that can easily slip into your house when you're not looking!

...But back on the "Silver Lining" topic, he'll help keep the mouse population down.

Not a "2-footer", but closer to 6 feet. A cotton mouth water moccasin, member of the pit viper family. Very venomous and aggressive. I don't know how many mice he got; I suspect his main diet was the frogs that live on the bayou in back of our house. I didn't what to shoot him because of possibly damaging the house and because a gun shot in our neighborhood would probably result in calls to the sheriff, so I used a shovel on him. Let me tell you, he was not easy to kill.

:focus:

Last edited:

NSTG8R

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Again [with emphasis!], YIKES!! :scared::scared:
It was hard to see the skin pattern in the pic, but that sure enough is a Cotton Mouth! Put you in the hospital for sure, and possibly the morgue! We're lousy with Copperheads out here, and the babies are the ones that'll ruin your day. I've got a friend [JEBar met him at the trap range] that thinks he's a 'Steve Irwin', but found out the hard way he's not! :tsk:

Johnny Acree

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I had a close encounter with one of your venomous friends. My back porch is random shape pieces of marble with mortar in the joints. One evening, "twilight" I stepped out side and I see him trying his best to look like a mortar joint. I don't let him know I saw him, and I step around the corner and get my hoe. I get a couple of hits on him and he heads down the steps where he finds a crack between the steps and a wall. I have him pinned with the hoe, but he is able to squeeze into the crack and get away. He got the last laugh thou, he died and stunk up the place all summer.

The engine we will eventually receive will have had more tuning than if EM went with the tuning it had even two years ago.

Frim

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Lets see if we can come up with some good things that have happened due to the delay in production.

1. The wheel fairings were fine tuned.
2. Elgin dash changed to analog.
3. uni-body.
4. Hidden battery in back
5. Exhaust Hernia removed
6. Free black carpet
7. cruise control
8. Time to save up cash
9. Personal growth
10. The interior lighting has been upgraded by moving the light up from the right B-Pillar to the headliner (inside roof)
11. some of our members have obtained their crown of silver
12. Well, Silver Linings, is all about makin the best out of a bad situation
13. I'm going to leave the snakes out.
14. The engine will have a better tune up.

Y'all suggest em and I'll up date the list.

What you get for nothing, you don't have to pay for.

Top Bottom