• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Silver Linings

Elio Amazed

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Not a "2-footer", but closer to 6 feet. A cotton mouth water moccasin, member of the pit viper family. Very venomous and aggressive. I don't know how many mice he got; I suspect his main diet was the frogs that live on the bayou in back of our house. I didn't what to shoot him because of possibly damaging the house and because a gun shot in our neighborhood would probably result in calls to the sheriff, so I used a shovel on him. Let me tell you, he was not easy to kill.

:focus:
I wasn't sure by looking at the skin pattern, but I figured cottonmouth by process of elimination.
That signature shape of the head gave away that it was indeed a viper.

NSTG8R

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I wasn't sure by looking at the skin pattern, but I figured cottonmouth by process of elimination.
That signature shape of the head gave away that it was indeed a viper.

Yeah, the pattern's hard to see in the pic you posted [but I suppose I would've wanted to get much closer myself! ;)] , but you can kind of make it out, including the light area in the lower jaw area. Definitly looks like one, albeit a little on the thin side. Most the Copperheads I see have pretty thick bodies. Lots of things to eat along the river. :hungry:

Snake_Cottonmouth,.jpg

There's one for the aftermarket! Snake skin interior trim! Or even better, a snake skin wrap for the exterior...The front-end kind of resembles the head of a snake anyway! Just got to buy some boots to match! Okay. Who here has some Photoshop skills? I'd like to see a rendering of a snake skin wrap on an Elio...seriously! :cool:

xtspode

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Okay, to stay on topic. With an Elio you've increased your odds of running over a Cotton Mouth in your driveway by 50%! :D
Wouldn't you be decreasing your odds by 25% due to only the three wheels, or because the third tire tracks in a different area you might increase your chances of running over it by 33% but only if the snake is less than 56". Elio facts are hard to verify though without some full scale testing. I propose that Paul send one out right away to verify the theory. My address is 4000 W Center Street in Provo, Utah. I can be home to receive it anytime.

Trusting

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Wouldn't you be decreasing your odds by 25% due to only the three wheels, or because the third tire tracks in a different area you might increase your chances of running over it by 33% but only if the snake is less than 56". Elio facts are hard to verify though without some full scale testing. I propose that Paul send one out right away to verify the theory. My address is 4000 W Center Street in Provo, Utah. I can be home to receive it anytime.
I believe it's 50%. And because everyone want's to talk snakes. Back in the days before the anti-locking systems on cars, the way to do it was to hit your breaks just as you were going to pass over him. That way you would skid your tires on him and that was that. :D

NSTG8R

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Here's a silver lining for the Elio delay! I gave me time to realize what the shape/design of the Elio reminded me of...besides a catfish. It's a snake head! And Hellyeah! They make one! :rockon:

snakeskin wrap.jpg

Top Bottom