• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Sirius/xm Radio

Does Elio offer an sirius/xm option?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

jtmarten

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Sure - just grab a portable XM receiver, plug it into the aux jack; alternatively replace the factory stereo with an AM/FM/XM stereo. This is going to be a fairly stripped down, low-budget, commuter car. There will be as many options for post-purchase upgrades as there are stars.

KScarguy

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I don't think you can mount an antenna on rear section of the roof. From what I've seen, the interior headliner is right up against the roof panel. The wiring/bolts would hang down into the interior. Too bad, it would look good. Maybe with a nice cover, but then it could become a hazard for someone getting into the back...

jtmarten

Elio Addict
Reaction score
The antenna for my portable XM receiver is about 1" square x 1/2" tall, has a magnetic base for mounting, but double sided tape or velcro could be used.

Doug Clark

Reaction score
If you have an android or apple smartphone, you can use the xm Sirius app.. And slacker, pandora, mp3's that are I'm the phone or stored in the cloud. Why limit yourself to one when you could have many? And it sounds like there will be smartphone integration. But if not, aftermarket.

JP

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I'm anxious to see the radio but I really see myself getting a car audio shop to wire up a nicer head unit later on. Same with upgrading speakers. I really want a cd player with mp3 capability and aux jack. I'm big on Pandora so I'd like to be able to use my phone app for it

Jim H

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Living in the deserts of the southwest and being hundreds of miles from any major city a satellite radio is essential. I will definitely pay for the option because regular radio reception on the long road trips is terrible.

Joshua Caldwell

Staff member
Reaction score
I'm anxious to see the radio but I really see myself getting a car audio shop to wire up a nicer head unit later on. Same with upgrading speakers. I really want a cd player with mp3 capability and aux jack. I'm big on Pandora so I'd like to be able to use my phone app for it
The unit in the P4 has an aux jack. CD players are still made?

I would definitely love having a satellite radio option. Unfortunately, the sirius/xm radio that was made to work with an iPhone/Android was discontinued years ago. Last year my receiver went bad and I had a hell of a time getting it replaced.

Kuda

Elio Addict
Reaction score
[quote=The unit in the P4 has an aux jack. CD players are still made?

2014 Honda Accord Sport has a CD player as well as mp3 & USB.................. :)

Top Bottom