• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Sirius/xm Radio

Does Elio offer an sirius/xm option?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

goofyone

Staff member
Reaction score

Zipper

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I'm good as long as they give me a 1 DIN opening with labeled wiring and decent speakers. If a radio is installed in that space, that'd be a bonus. In any case, I'll be upgrading the radio myself. There are a bunch of great inexpensive options available.

Last edited:

Jeff Miller

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I hope the basic radio doesn't cost much and that for those people that want extras there is an option to do that at purchase time or via after market.

I myself keep thinking that a radio that I can plug my rear view camera into would be a sweet way to have a rearview without adding additional clutter to the cockpit. Unfortunately I think such a radio would have to be larger than 1 DIN.

Zipper

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I hope the basic radio doesn't cost much and that for those people that want extras there is an option to do that at purchase time or via after market.

I myself keep thinking that a radio that I can plug my rear view camera into would be a sweet way to have a rearview without adding additional clutter to the cockpit. Unfortunately I think such a radio would have to be larger than 1 DIN.
I saw a 1 DIN unit with a 7" screen. Amazing package.

Kuda

Elio Addict
Reaction score

zelio

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I saw a 1 DIN unit with a 7" screen. Amazing package.
7" screen? And who would be driving while you are watching your 7" screen? Scary thought, that. And I thought cell phones and texting were a problem. Whew! Do you think Elio will add an option for self-driving cars or whatever they are testing now? or is it driverless? I don't watch TV so I'm not sure but I have heard something about it on the radio in my car. :-) Z

Jeff Miller

Elio Addict
Reaction score
7" screen? And who would be driving while you are watching your 7" screen? Scary thought, that. And I thought cell phones and texting were a problem. Whew! Do you think Elio will add an option for self-driving cars or whatever they are testing now? or is it driverless? I don't watch TV so I'm not sure but I have heard something about it on the radio in my car. :) Z

7" touch screen makes the rear view camera much larger and if it is a touch screen makes using it a lot easier. Most, if not all states have laws against watching video while driving so not tv/dvd viewing is legal. Many of these receivers that take an aux video input will not play when driving. They have separate video in for rearview that is often triggered from a signal that gets sent when you put the transmission in reverse.

That said, I know people override these safe guards and blatantly violate the law and good sense just as they do while texting and driving :(

zelio

Elio Addict
Reaction score
7" touch screen makes the rear view camera much larger and if it is a touch screen makes using it a lot easier. Most, if not all states have laws against watching video while driving so not tv/dvd viewing is legal. Many of these receivers that take an aux video input will not play when driving. They have separate video in for rearview that is often triggered from a signal that gets sent when you put the transmission in reverse.

That said, I know people override these safe guards and blatantly violate the law and good sense just as they do while texting and driving :(

Thanks for the information. That helps although I have seen enough people driving and texting to know if there is a way to break the law people will find it. And of course even in a state where it is illegal to use hand held cell phones I still see people talking on their phone while driving. :-( Z

Top Bottom