• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Skip The Stores, Let Costco Sell And Service 'em!

TCBronson

Elio Addict
Reaction score
My wife and I bought several Saturns. At least five. It was a very pleasant experience. You never walked out feeling like you were being "worked", or had any high-pressure "get it now, it might not be here tomorrow" kind of thing.
5 Saturns! Wow, I guess you really liked the cars or the shopping experience or both!

Adamant

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Costco is becoming one of America's favorite places to buy a car thanks to one huge perk

Business Insider
February 1, 2016
d5044fb1d5511ab2725020643edc5aa7e0e68edd.jpg

(Reuters)
People filling their tanks at a Costco Gas Station in Carlsbad, California.

Costco’s power in the auto industry is growing.

The warehouse retailer sold 465,000 vehicles through partnerships with auto dealers in 2015, a 16.8% increase from the previous year.

That’s not far behind the No. 1 auto retailer in the US, AutoNation, which sold 533,000 vehicles in 2014.

Costco has one major perk that traditional car dealerships lack: fixed prices. That means customers can skip the bargaining and upselling that is expected at traditional auto dealers.

The company sells cars through 3,000 dealerships to Costco members across the US.

8a028dcbdeabe349c32c54909bb1d725dbca3696.png

(REUTERS/John Gress JG/GN)

Costco also announced that members bought or leased 58,000 vehicles during its 2015 GM Holiday Sales Event, a 34% increase from the previous year’s holiday-season promotion. More than half of the people who purchased vehicles through the event said they switched to a General Motors brand such as Chevrolet, Buick, or Cadillac because of Costco’s promotion.

“General Motors is pleased that Costco members continue to find our holiday offer with Costco Auto Program valuable,” GM spokesman Dan Flores said in a statement. “We were able to work with Costco Auto Program to ensure that we offered a diverse vehicle selection and value that resonates with Costco members, and received great results that included conquests from other brands.”

2016_01_20t07_51_07.1z_640x360-1b9uhsu.jpg

How COSTCO is driving ahead with fuel
Discount warehouse chain Costco was already selling some of the cheapest fuel in Australia and now stay ahead, it's adding something to every litre that goes into your tank. Helen Wellings reports.

This is a terrific idea. It might cut into Elio's sales though so they probably wouldn't go this route. But I would love it if they did.

Muzhik

Elio Addict
Reaction score
There are no Costco's in the state of Arkansas, just like there will be no Elio stores initially. What about Wal-marts, aren't they everywhere?
It's the same thing with the Pep Boys in Iowa. That's the problem with "national" chains -- they don't always go everywhere in the nation. No matter what Elio does with service or sales, they are going to HAVE to make deals with at least 2 chains to ensure national coverage.

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
With the on track to Q4 2016 production schedule, many will be taking delivery of their Elio's in a few short months. I hope PEP Boy's manager's are finally aware of the Elio and have plans to start their Elio mechanics factory certification training soon.

Last edited:

RUCRAYZE

Elio Addict
Reaction score
With the on track to Q4 2016 production schedule, many will be taking delivery of their Elio's in a few short months. I hope PEP Boy's manager's are finally aware of the Elio and have plans to start their Elio mechanics factory certification training soon.
mechanics??, certified???, hey this is a chain that does tires.wiper blades (which you always need) and batteries.
Their "highly trained staff" has, in the few I've used them in S Florida, have been folks who probably make minimum wage, and their skill level reflects it.
the training they will need is not to back-up over the oil change pit, don't rotate the tires, and don't try to sell a pair of wiper blades.

Top Bottom