• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Slowest Vehicle

BilgeRat

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Rich ( the owner) had an auto electric shop that I worked for, and he bought the little truck from a local truck driver that he knew on a whim. I suspect that both of them bought it strictly because it was cute and fun. I used it to haul a number of loads of scrapped radial engine cylinder assemblies to the junior college I was going to at the time for our foundry. Every time I showed up over there with it, the guys would hunt it down and turn it sideways in the parking space. It was never too big a deal, as I could scoot it enough by hand to get it out of the space.

The best idea anybody ever came up with for it was to line the bed with plastic, set several beer kegs in it and ice them down, mount taps on a rail on the rear end and go around selling draft beer at area parades. :D

AJ Maxey

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I drive a 2001 Saturn SC1 which is a great comparison to the Elio's performance. It does 0-60 in about 9.6 seconds and has a top speed (governed) of 104mph. That's the slowest vehicle I have/currently owned.

The slowest vehicle I have driven was a 1993 Wrangler 2.4L. It probably did not to 60 in about 18 seconds and I couldn't get it to go over 72mph.

Top Bottom