• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Slowest Vehicle

JEBar

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
we tend to talk about the fastest but what is/was the slowest vehicle you have ever owned and drove on a daily basis

for me, '65 Jeep CJ5 with a Dauntless 4 cylinder engine, 3 on the floor .... all of the aerodynamics of a concrete block .... it would do 50 mph falling off of a cliff ... kept it 5 years and put just under 100,000 miles on it

Norahsbed

Elio Addict
Reaction score
"74" Chevy Vega, I was constantly being passed on Hwy 10 heading East out of Moorhead, Mn. (very flat until just before Hawley) it sucked when I was passed by trucks going up hill. :( Bright side, great mileage for back then. Mine unlike others in my family, didn't use oil.;)

Norahsbed

Elio Addict
Reaction score
My first car: 1964 Ford Fairlane.
3 on the tree.
Fill the oil and check the gas.
I got my first speeding ticket in a 68 Fairlane. I got busted doing 69 mph in a 55 mph zone. Of course the Highway speeds back than were 55 mph. The cop gave me a break on the speed, anything 15 mph over the speed limit was double the fine. I was well over 70 when I saw the lights! And yes I checked the gas and filled the oil!

Ekh

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Fiat 850. No power on hills at all. Also, in France, a Renault Quatrelle. But the real winner -- my 1955 Dodge milk truck, which I had converted into a camper for a grand total of $350. 8 mpg, 55 mph top speed. Cruised from Ct to Nova Scotia, then down to Virginia, where I sold it.

Last edited:

bowers baldwin

Elio Addict
Reaction score
1987 Nissan Pulsar, 70hp, made my bug look like 911 turbo.
I did once hit 90 mph, in neutral, going down a LONG mountain road.
Still, T-tops and a removable rear hatch, I did love that little POS

pul.png
* not mine, random Google pic.

Coss

Staff member
Reaction score
1963 Ford Galaxie 4dr just a beast; got it for $75 and it ran! Same thing about fill the oil (usually 50wt with a can of STP) ran great, but wouldn't idle worth a darn. Decided to pull the heads to find out what the problem was and found it only had 6 1/2 pistons; put the heads back on and sold it for $100.
Total time of ownership, 2 months.

Top Bottom