• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

So, I Met This Guy, Sunday Morning

BlioKart

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I saw you at the Sunday showing we didnt talk but I remember seeing you. I was only around for 40 mins or so. I didn't even sit in it. Long line of people. At least I got an idea of how the Elio is and that's why I went. I saw people around my size and bigger get into it so I know I will fit fine.

goofyone

Staff member
Reaction score

SandyCWV

Elio Aficionado
Reaction score
That information came from this document from 2010, Page 4:

http://www.pontiac.mi.us/document_center/gers021010spec.pdf

It is possible they could still be the designated service centers or that things may have changed since then. Sounds like we will find out soon.
And if we don't have a Meineke or Midas or even the once mentioned Pep Boys anywhere near our location? My mechanic is an independent, maybe he could get certified. I knew we would have to travel to get to a dealer, but hope to find servicing closer if my guy can't do it.

goofyone

Staff member
Reaction score
And if we don't have a Meineke or Midas or even the once mentioned Pep Boys anywhere near our location? My mechanic is an independent, maybe he could get certified. I knew we would have to travel to get to a dealer, but hope to find servicing closer if my guy can't do it.

Not being near a dealership or authorized service center is very common and is not generally an issue as routine maintenance can be done by any competent mechanic or the vehicle owner. Like any car manufacturer Elio will release routine maintenance guidelines which will dictate the recommended service items and their service intervals. The issue becomes a bit cloudier if you need warranty service performed as most manufacturers require this be done at an authorized service center.

One of the neat things about the Elio is that they are keeping the costs down by not using any new technology so any competent mechanic should be able to handle Elio service and repairs.

Top Bottom