• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Someone With Some Photoshop Skills, A Detachable Upper Third?

lafrisbee

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Seen as how the EE has a crash cage and none of the structural rigidity comes from the panels, couldn't someone good with a hacksaw just cut the top off at the level of the bottom of the windows?
I'd be real interested to see what it'd look like...
Two of the variables would be leaving all the crash cage intact, or not, and leaving the windscreen on, or not...so there would be four different looks.
Maybe someone has cobbled something already and I just haven't been a member long enough to have seen it .

KN16

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Seen as how the EE has a crash cage and none of the structural rigidity comes from the panels, couldn't someone good with a hacksaw just cut the top off at the level of the bottom of the windows?...snip...
Yep. It shouldn't be to tough to cobble together a convertible top.

jtmarten

Elio Addict
Reaction score
The only problem with simply cutting the top off is the total loss of structural rigidity. If you've ever compared factory convertible and non-convertible versions of the same model, the chassis is very beefed up on the convertible model to account for the loss of roof-provided rigidity.

Brian1362

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Seen as how the EE has a crash cage and none of the structural rigidity comes from the panels, couldn't someone good with a hacksaw just cut the top off at the level of the bottom of the windows?
I'd be real interested to see what it'd look like...
Two of the variables would be leaving all the crash cage intact, or not, and leaving the windscreen on, or not...so there would be four different looks.
Maybe someone has cobbled something already and I just haven't been a member long enough to have seen it .
Maybe I missed something, but what is an "EE?"

Brian1362

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Thanks, as that is what I thought. I was just perusing Elio Wordpress and Elio Motors and saw nothing official, so that it was something someone pulled out of their fourth point.

By the way, Thank you for your service, and IMHO, the UH-1 was and continues to be the BEST helo EVER!! When Americans heard the "whomp-whomp-whomp" it meant deliverance. When the enemy heard it, it mean annihilation!!!

Dustoff

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Name That Elio
Post 88
Tomg3rd
I would like to suggest the name Eagle. Elio Eagle...Made in America for the American people...has this already been suggested? Also my shorter version E1…
It may have been before that.

Dustoff

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Thanks, as that is what I thought. I was just perusing Elio Wordpress and Elio Motors and saw nothing official, so that it was something someone pulled out of their fourth point.

By the way, Thank you for your service, and IMHO, the UH-1 was and continues to be the BEST helo EVER!! When Americans heard the "whomp-whomp-whomp" it meant deliverance. When the enemy heard it, it mean annihilation!!!
Yes, we used the H model.

Top Bottom