• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Something’s Gotta Give.....

Trusting

Elio Addict
Reaction score
One of the biggest issues for me is the 26 million to Elio Engineering. I understand that that ‘service’ is separate from Paul’s $ 250,000 per year salary, but what did Roush have to redesign and what is ‘the price of doing business,’ as the corporate principal?

If I were a big investor, things like this would weigh heavy in my decision to invest. If EM goes public, again and new stock is issued, there will certainly be a period that stock can’t be sold by the previous principal stock recipients but as an investor I’d be worried that at midnight they’d cash out.

Doesn't $26 million seem like an awful big amount to design such a little car?

Reactions: Elf

booboo

Elio Addict
Reaction score
One of the biggest issues for me is the 26 million to Elio Engineering. I understand that that ‘service’ is separate from Paul’s $ 250,000 per year salary, but what did Roush have to redesign and what is ‘the price of doing business,’ as the corporate principal?

If I were a big investor, things like this would weigh heavy in my decision to invest. If EM goes public, again and new stock is issued, there will certainly be a period that stock can’t be sold by the previous principal stock recipients but as an investor I’d be worried that at midnight they’d cash out.
If I were a big investor, I would understand that Elio is and was a start-up, with folks in charge that had little big money experience. Therefore, I would want a say in how things progressed going forward.
Mistakes and missteps are usually clear, only when looking back. Did Elio make mistakes? Mispend? Chances are. On purpose? Chances are not.

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
If I were a big investor, I would understand that Elio is and was a start-up, with folks in charge that had little big money experience. Therefore, I would want a say in how things progressed going forward.
Mistakes and missteps are usually clear, only when looking back. Did Elio make mistakes? Mispend? Chances are. On purpose? Chances are not.
EM has both marketing and big money experience on the Team. The Millions of available funding generated from their successful Say Hello to Elio marketing campaign went exactly where they wanted it to go.

booboo

Elio Addict
Reaction score
EM has both marketing and big money experience on the Team. The Millions of available funding generated from their successful Say Hello to Elio marketing campaign went exactly where they wanted it to go.
Having Big Money experience means you do not run out of Big Money.
Agreed the "team" has experience, but IMO, the Elio dream is so big, nobody had this kind of experience.
Only a pocket that feels the pain can keep the gain. ( I made that up)

RSchneider

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Having big money experience means you run out of money quickly because those people require big money for their experience. They don't care if you run out, as long as they get paid before you do. It's up to Paul to keep feeding the machine.

Top Bottom