• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Something’s Gotta Give.....

DalElio

Reaction score
How much longer can we expect to suspend anticipation? We have no new news on three fronts now: ATVM/DOE, NASDAQ, and whatever the name of that Investor Broker is.... Has anyone experienced anything like this with other projects?

I fell in love with the Elio since 2013,in my 90s now, so I guess I'll just use it as a coffin.

DalElio

Reaction score
You might send that message to ElioMotors.
Beautifully said.
Welcome.
Thanks, you can just remove the front wheels and suspension components and its a shoe in, not a bad Idea since lots of folk here waiting for their elios are in their golden years. Heck maybe Paul should build coffins for a living and transfer our deposits into the purchase of one.

DalElio

Reaction score
Hi, Welcome to the group. Profile says your only 83.
Thank you. That's right I'm 83but everything hurts anyway. I guess I'm exaggerating numbers a little kind of like Paul does. Does anyone here thinks we are going to see the elio in 2019 or 2020 or...
Come to think of it I wonder if the other estimates like the 84mpg 5star would even come close.

Sega

Elio Addict
Reaction score
It would be as good or better than a gift card and has current value. You could choose to sell it immediately and pocket the cash. I wouldn't be annoyed if somebody bought me a thousand shares of Elio Stock. :)

Well true, gift cards are a joke. But I'd rather have $500 cash than $500 in Elio stock since we know Elio stock will keep going down.

Watashiwah

Elio Addict
Reaction score
It does appear the the Elio appeal seems heavier on the ‘older’ crowd, not just in this site but on others as well. I just can’t put a reason on it, maybe it’s just coincidental that only older people post on the internet about it. But if it’s more than that, the future competitors looking to get in this market needs to do some marketing and grooming. Is this skewed older market because of some ‘thrill’ seeking motorcycle sort of open road vicariousness, is it some flying around in a Citabria fantasy, is it sitting tandem (behind vs aside) away from our spouse, is it because it’s likely less expensive and cheaper to operate (I think that’s ultimately the last reason)? If so, why isn’t so appealing to younger people? Is it not fitting a bunch of friends in, is it different but not really cool? Does Sondors (and the others) somehow look cooler? Is side by side seating a big plus? Are all these still too big/long/wide? Is/was pursuing that earlier creative financing plan wholly unnecessary? Is high MPG really a factor? Will relatively more ‘sexy’ and sleek design and color broaden the appeal?

I bet the median age of interested people is around 50 (if not higher) and 98 percent white men: sure something that needs to be weighed, eh?

Is it just that such a bargain priced unique little vehicle with relatively little utility other than lone commuting and maybe separate fun little trips doesn’t add up to cool enough, and ultimately people would pay much much more just for that (Dodge Viperi sort of) appeal and still not have much utility anyhow? Is it possible that Paul’s vision, (regardless of the arguable mgmt and financial missteps) just outright ‘misses the mark’ consumer-wise ?

Any thoughts??? We sure like it, why don’t so many others?

Last edited:

FC

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Might seem like Elio appeals to just older people. I think it has more to do with having a combination of patience, money, and willingness to gamble on something worthwhile. Soon as the younger crowd actually see them on the road and are told they can get their own personalized one within 24 hours, the problem will be keeping up with demand. I actually considered it a coin toss from the get go as to it happening. Haven't given up on it happening because of the kind of money I see poured into other projects I think are financial blackholes. Still think Paul can pull off a last minute win.

Samalross

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I think that it is very utilitarian in looks. The stying and performance of the other three wheelers will appeal to a younger crowd. I am not sure about the Solo demographics. It seems that most of the reservation holders are older. When people see them on the street it will most likely be driven by a senior, and it will be considered an old person car.

Top Bottom