• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Something New To Worry About

zelio

Elio Addict
Reaction score
That is just plain scary. Of course, weather conditions in the south is one reason I have no desire to ever move back there. I hope people affected by this stuff are being helped. It makes me very grateful for agencies like the EPA. I just wish they were more consumer oriented and less business friendly. :-) Z

eddie66

Elio Addict
Reaction score
That is just plain scary. Of course, weather conditions in the south is one reason I have no desire to ever move back there. I hope people affected by this stuff are being helped. It makes me very grateful for agencies like the EPA. I just wish they were more consumer oriented and less business friendly. :) Z
It started during the housing boom about 8 yrs. Ago when there was a shortage of drywall, they started to import it from China. All all of a sudden people stared getting sick.

zelio

Elio Addict
Reaction score
It started during the housing boom about 8 yrs. Ago when there was a shortage of drywall, they started to import it from China. All all of a sudden people stared getting sick.
I find it interesting that all but one of the USA drywall products also had problems but they don't mention removing them. What is wrong with this picture? :-) Z

Dusty921

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I repeat: Cake. That hasn't been the case for two, maybe three decades.

Don't know how much you are around car parts, but buying a factory-painted item is always a good match, usually better than a professional body shop could do. Factory-painted pieces match, even if they are sprayed years apart. It will not be an issue unless your Elio has spent a decade in the Florida sun with no care before you want to add the body-color boy-racer spoiler.

Actually, IMHO, many factory painted parts don't really match at all. Drive by any number of new car dealerships, look closely at the areas where the plastic bumpers meet the metal body panels and then tell us what you see. On the other side of this discussion, I spent seven years as the parts manager at a large "professional body shop" where I dealt with those factory painted pieces. Among my other duties, I spent thousands of hours mixing colors in Dupont's premium Spies Hecker label finishes. Many times we used a digital camera, supplied by Dupont for the express purpose of color matching difficult and complex colors. Many times we ended up repainting those factory parts to satisfy our own standards and please our customers. So, don't be so quick to besmirch the "Professional Body Shop" industry, while patting the factories on the back. :)

Dusty921

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I find it interesting that all but one of the USA drywall products also had problems but they don't mention removing them. What is wrong with this picture? :) Z

Knew there was a reason I don't like Lowes. :mad: Lowes settled out of court for claims on their Chinese Drywall while accepting no responsibility. :(

Dusty921

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Knew there was a reason I don't like Lowes. :mad: Lowes settled out of court for claims on their Chinese Drywall while accepting no responsibility. :(

Out of court and out of the news media, I must add. :(
Hmmm, I wonder who really owns Lowes, especially since, finally, under fire, they pulled their ad from Reality TVs' "All American Muslim".
They also changed signs in their stores from "Christmas Trees" to "Holiday Trees" and then to "family Trees".
These are the same nice folks who "promised" not to sell wood products from rainforests, yet still sold flooring with origins in Indonesia. :p

Top Bottom