• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Sondors Electric Car

Elio Amazed

Elio Addict
Reaction score
The EMV Solo people have not yet given a projected estimate on battery replacement.

However, the Arcimoto SRK has comparable battery specifications.
Arcimoto said that they anticipate an estimated replacement cost of $2500.

All the intentional and joyful negativity doesn't represent this site very well.
Some here appear to project the same MO of those who constantly dis the Elio.
The targets are the often the only difference I can see in many of their posts.

It is what it is, but I'm just sayin'

Last edited:

TheAsterisk!

Elio Aficionado
Reaction score
All the intentional and joyful negativity doesn't represent this site very well.
Some here appear to project the same MO of those that constantly dis the Elio.
The targets are the often the only difference I can see in many of their posts.

It is what it is, but I'm just sayin'
I wonder how much of that is just a response to the fawning, undercritical coverage EVs typically get from trade and national press, as compared to the cynical, sometimes almost tin-hat coverage the Elio has gotten on-and-off from the same and similar outlets?

Most writers also don't seem to understand why those of us with high-mileage beaters are in our rust-buckets in the first place, and what it would take to change that. I remember reading one that basically said, 'and $15K isn't that much more than $7K, anyway, so just buy the electric, and be cleaner!' Well, perhaps that difference isn't very significant to someone mulling the purchase of a $30K-$40K new hybrid or more conventional EV, but to me, having gotten five years of sound service out of my used $1100 Civic, that doubling in price is very significant. It's a sort of unintentional but ignorantly condescending dismissal of my very immediate and practical prioties, with distinctly classist overtones.

I'm not holding my breath for a sub-9K EV anytime soon, but I can still manage holding my breath for the Elio in a year, year-and-a-half. Otherwise, my choices are cheap and annoying used cars, or somewhat pricier (by my finances) and still annoying used cars.

Sethodine

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I'm not holding my breath for a sub-9K EV anytime soon, but I can still manage holding my breath for the Elio in a year, year-and-a-half. Otherwise, my choices are cheap and annoying used cars, or somewhat pricier (by my finances) and still annoying used cars.

Used Nissan Leafs and Chevy Spark EVs can both be had for under $9k, with ranges from 70-100 miles (depending on age/condition). In just a few more years, the first generation of production EVs will be in the same price range as your $1100 Civic, while still retaining an electric range from 60-90ish miles.

I think 3-wheel EV startups are going to have a hard time competing with the used EV market, unless they can get ranges of 120+ miles.

acentre

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Used Nissan Leafs and Chevy Spark EVs can both be had for under $9k, with ranges from 70-100 miles (depending on age/condition). In just a few more years, the first generation of production EVs will be in the same price range as your $1100 Civic, while still retaining an electric range from 60-90ish miles.

I think 3-wheel EV startups are going to have a hard time competing with the used EV market, unless they can get ranges of 120+ miles.
I will support the Sondors and see what happen, especially if the price of gasoline increases. Great that the Solo, Sondors and Elio are classified as motorcycles...

Ian442

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Seth 70 to 100 miles might be okay for someone who rarely leaves an urban area, but for commuters like myself it's 130 miles round trip that low ev mileage is a non starter

Sethodine

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Seth 70 to 100 miles might be okay for someone who rarely leaves an urban area, but for commuters like myself it's 130 miles round trip that low ev mileage is a non starter

I used to have a commute like that. Never again! Not even in my Elio will I put up with 2 hours on the road each way, every day. My round-trip commute is about 50 miles now, so on days I drive the Leaf I still have around 22 miles left on the guess-o-meter.

EVs are not for everybody. Ask your doctor if EVs are right for you. :)

Ian442

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I used to have a commute like that. Never again! Not even in my Elio will I put up with 2 hours on the road each way, every day. My round-trip commute is about 50 miles now, so on days I drive the Leaf I still have around 22 miles left on the guess-o-meter.

Yeah not right for me at this time. Not angry but "I'm a road warrior man!"

The thing is that commute allows me to de-stress from all the other nonsense in my life. I only do it because I travel the opposite of most folks. I head into Baltimore at night, and back out in the morning. :)

wizard of ahs

Elio Addict
Reaction score

My commute is zero now !!!! :)
An EV would suit me fine, but right now I'm waiting until I "get to where I'm going" to get one....I'll be getting there some time next year and THEN I'm seriously looking at an EV.....My Elio is just for FUN :p

Hotscoots

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I must stop saying "never" . It all started with ......I'll never drive a 6 cylinder , then I'll never drive a 4 and ultimately I would never drive a Hybrid . I mull these things over as I cruise in my Hyundai Sonata Hybrid ( 42 mpg)
So maybe there is an electric in my future . One never knows .....

Top Bottom