• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Spare Parts - How And Where?

MajorXx

Elio Aficionado
Reaction score
If my Elio needs a unique part that is not under warranty, perhaps damage due to a accident, I wonder where and how they will be available. I wonder what the time to acquire them might be and if they will be reasonably priced like the Elio.

zelio

Elio Addict
Reaction score
If my Elio needs a unique part that is not under warranty, perhaps damage due to a accident, I wonder where and how they will be available. I wonder what the time to acquire them might be and if they will be reasonably priced like the Elio.
I assume the first place will be Pep Boys. However, I understand there will be little in the way of unique parts on the Elio and I believe the plan is to keep parts reasonably priced. The one unique part I can think of is the windshield wiper and that is because of the unique size and shape of the windshield. Of course that would also mean the windshield is a unique part. I know at least one member has asked about the possibility of getting a spare windshield because he lives/works in an isolated part of Alaska with lousy roads. Shipping would obviously be somewhat of an issue in that case. :--) Z

imageon

Elio Addict
Reaction score
This is a good question. A damaged door, fender, suspension rods, windshield, side windows, all have to be available from day one.
Maybe the the factory ships them to your body shop. Or to the hubs. I doubt Pep Boys would know what to do with them.
Don't know but this is quite pertinent.
Good question.
MK

MajorXx

Elio Aficionado
Reaction score
I assume the first place will be Pep Boys. However, I understand there will be little in the way of unique parts on the Elio and I believe the plan is to keep parts reasonably priced. The one unique part I can think of is the windshield wiper and that is because of the unique size and shape of the windshield. Of course that would also mean the windshield is a unique part. I know at least one member has asked about the possibility of getting a spare windshield because he lives/works in an isolated part of Alaska with lousy roads. Shipping would obviously be somewhat of an issue in that case. :--) Z

I was not thinking of a wiper, most any one that has a similar mount should do in a pinch.

I was thinking more along the lines of the stuff that are not normal maintenance items,

like the items that are between the wheels and the chassis.

zelio

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I was not thinking of a wiper, most any one that has a similar mount should do in a pinch.

I was thinking more along the lines of the stuff that are not normal maintenance items,

like the items that are between the wheels and the chassis.
The reason I mentioned the wiper is because they had to special order the one they are using from France. I understand it is the only one that would fit and work because of the size and shape of the windshield. Remember, most parts are supposed to be "off the shelf". I'm not a car guy but I think I understand that concept enought to know there won't be a lot of specialty parts. That is how they are keeping the cost down. :-) Z

Smitty901

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Body parts are not a real concern in today world IMO. Todays quality shops can fix anything. The way I read it off the shelf means things like bearing and basic parts will be item you can walk in and cross reference in a flash. Example a wheel bearing goes out pull it the comes up a Timken 1234 you go down to NAPA or any other they hand you a common stock bearing. Brake pads ,rotors and the like common parts not a part that fits only an ELIO.
Sure there will be some thing that are only seen on the ELIO, betting they are not common replacement parts.

MajorXx

Elio Aficionado
Reaction score
Yes, that is exactly the type of parts I am referring to in this thread.

The rear swing arm for example is not likely to be found on some other vehicle.

Also some of the front suspension items may not be off the shelf.

If someone hits the rear end or a front corner of an Elio,
it will likely need some parts that are not off the shelf at my local Auto Parts.

Do order them online and wait?
Do I need to find one of the few Elio stores.
Do I go to Pep Boys.
Where do I find the parts catalog so I can get a part number.

All simple questions. Perhaps someone from Elio might let us know if they have a plan.

RUCRAYZE

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Yes, that is exactly the type of parts I am referring to in this thread.

The rear swing arm for example is not likely to be found on some other vehicle.

Also some of the front suspension items may not be off the shelf.

If someone hits the rear end or a front corner of an Elio,
it will likely need some parts that are not off the shelf at my local Auto Parts.

Do order them online and wait?
Do I need to find one of the few Elio stores.
Do I go to Pep Boys.
Where do I find the parts catalog so I can get a part number.

All simple questions. Perhaps someone from Elio might let us know if they have a plan.
There is frequent mention that not too far down the road, there will be a 24 hr turn-around for ordering a car from a showroom. Even if it's a little more, I'm sure body panels and dedicated parts will be as quickly available. Not being in the business, I've taken my car in for service, and if the shop didn't have the part on hand, a phone call and very quickly the part appeared, If not for sure they had it next day.

Top Bottom