• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Still On The Fence

Mr. Happy

Reaction score
The need is apparent.
The design is thoughtful.
The price is right.
This is exactly what I have been hoping for (BEFORE my '97 civic dies). I want so much for this to actually happen.

Unfortunately, all these thoughts are mine, and I often find myself not thinking like the many (potential customers).
Only 1600 of us so far took the time to register to this forum? Wish it was more.
I can't decide yet if elio is almost too be good to be true, or indeed too good to be true.
My childhood Sea Monkey experience remains well entrenched.
So I am still waiting and watching for now.

Neal

Elio Addict
Reaction score
The need is apparent.
The price is right.
This is exactly what I have been hoping for (BEFORE my '97 civic dies). I want so much for this to actually happen.

Unfortunately, all these thoughts are mine, and I often find myself not thinking like the many (potential customers).
Only 1600 of us so far took the time to register to this forum? Wish it was more.
I can't decide yet if elio is almost too be good to be true, or indeed too good to be true.

Hi and welcome!!! Hope you find information you're looking for here. I wouldn't worry about the 1600 here. This is one of several forums, plus Fasebook pages. And not everyone is computer/forum savey. You are right about the other things. But, I have faith. Too many things have taken place for this not to happen in my humble opinion. Suppliers lined up, production facility secured, Engine designed and almost ready for testing, lots of work done by the Elio team to changes state laws regarding Motorcylce endorsments and helmets. But I am by nature an optomist. lol

Jeff Porter

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Norton, KS; halfway between Kansas City and Denver
Hi Mr. H from Richmond, welcome! You are welcome to express your thoughts and ideas here for sure. I've enjoyed following the Elio story for about 6 months now. It's fascinating.

When do you hope your '97 Civic lasts? If it will make it to Dec. 2015, but maybe no farther, you may want to consider putting down $100 non-refundable. A refundable deposit could get you an Elio delivered 3-6 months after that. If you put no deposit down, you may need the Civic to hang in there until Dec. 2016.

I'm going to nurse my '00 Cadillac until my Elio is delivered. I'm currently all-in at $250, so I'm hoping for Dec 2015 or Jan 2016. We'll see!

For that $100, you could skip going out to eat with your better-half for a month, and poof! You've got your $100. :) Just a suggestion.

Music Man

Elio Addict
Reaction score
The need is apparent.
The price is right.

WOW, Mr. Happy! I love your post, and do respect your thoughts and decision to sit and watch for now. :)

Really responding to your post because of your comment about the "Sea Monkeys." You brought a big smile :D to my face with that. I too, and I'm 68, recall the Sea Monkey debacle, and I wonder how many, IF any, of the younger folks here even know what they were. :rolleyes:

Thanks, Mr. Happy!

Music Man

Elio Addict
Reaction score
The need is apparent.
The price is right.

Oh! Please excuse my manners; I almost forgot to welcome you to our Elio Family Forum. Folks here will ALWAYS be more than happy to help you understand our insanity, and answer any questions you may have.

Welcome, Mr. Happy!

zelio

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Hi and welcome from Oregon, Mr. Happy. Only you can decide what, where, and how to spend your money but that doesn't mean you can't share this space with us. I am 72 and had no idea what the reference to Sea Monkeys was about. I looked it up and can tell you, I don't know because I was never a fan of comic books and therefore never saw the Sea Monkey ads. Come to think of it, I don't watch TV or other media so I also have never seen Elio ads - at least not before my son introduced me to Elio in January. I hope you will enjoy exploring the many discussions here and will feel free to ask questions. I can say I agree with Neal - once you see it you want it! LOL 2015 Elios, Here We Come! :-) Z

Music Man

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Hi and welcome from Oregon, Mr. Happy. Only you can decide what, where, and how to spend your money but that doesn't mean you can't share this space with us. I am 72 and had no idea what the reference to Sea Monkeys was about. I looked it up and can tell you, I don't know because I was never a fan of comic books and therefore never saw the Sea Monkey ads. Come to think of it, I don't watch TV or other media so I also have never seen Elio ads - at least not before my son introduced me to Elio in January. I hope you will enjoy exploring the many discussions here and will feel free to ask questions. I can say I agree with Neal - once you see it you want it! LOL 2015 Elios, Here We Come! :) Z

Geez, zelio. . . . No news, no comics, no bla, bla ,bla. . . . . What a sheltered life you have lived in the dark. :):D :rolleyes:

Music Man

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Life is tough everywhere. LOL :)

Hey zelio, I dug out my recipe for "Southern Crow Stew."

I'll be sure to split up a batch of it with you when you come down, if you wanna try some of it with me then. . . . . . . Since it looks like the numbers came out about a draw. :rolleyes:

Like "Goldie Locks and the 3 Bears". . . . . . . Not too high, and NOT to low. . . . . Just right! :D

(Still would have liked to see them higher though, Huh? o_O

Top Bottom