• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Still On The Fence

Rod Mutzabaugh

Reaction score
I'm a Submarine Service Vet, once 1970's motorcycle rider (when highways weren't as crazy) and am all into this concept. Because of my gas embargo ride and military service overseas (saw their gas prices) in the 70's, I have been waiting since then for something like this to come along. Jimmy Carter was telling the truth and nobody wanted to hear it. I hope this all comes about because I want one and want to buy one for my daughter. Her car repairs are killing me.

Jim H

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Rod, welcome to the forum and thanks for your military service. Glad you are excited about the Elio and many of us who served overseas truly understand the implications of European type gas prices. This is one of reasons why the Elio is so appealing. Hope you use the forum to find the latest information on the development and production of the Elio. We are a friendly helpful group and look forward to your contributions to the forum. Welcome and enjoy the Elio experience.

zarquon

Elio Aficionado
Reaction score
WOW, Mr. Happy! I love your post, and do respect your thoughts and decision to sit and watch for now. :)

Really responding to your post because of your comment about the "Sea Monkeys." You brought a big smile :D to my face with that. I too, and I'm 68, recall the Sea Monkey debacle, and I wonder how many, IF any, of the younger folks here even know what they were. :rolleyes:

Thanks, Mr. Happy!
I loved sea monkeys. You want to talk childhood disappointment? Ask me about my new ant farm and the postal strike off 1970.

Joshua Caldwell

Staff member
Reaction score
I'm a Submarine Service Vet, once 1970's motorcycle rider (when highways weren't as crazy) and am all into this concept. Because of my gas embargo ride and military service overseas (saw their gas prices) in the 70's, I have been waiting since then for something like this to come along. Jimmy Carter was telling the truth and nobody wanted to hear it. I hope this all comes about because I want one and want to buy one for my daughter. Her car repairs are killing me.
Welcome :)

Music Man

Elio Addict
Reaction score

Welcome Aboard, sailor!

I was once signed on for 6 years of service in the Navy, and was promised Submarine school and nuclear propulsion, but then when I got to boot camp, was told that I am color blind. . . . . . So they dropped 2 years of my Sevice agreement, sent me to Corp School at Balboa. Then they dropped the "Sub" prefix from the "marine" and off I WENT TO THE JUNGLES OF Southeast Asia. Complete with combat and attached to the Marines. Semper Fi. :oops: Guess Ya could say the rest is history. o_O

Anyway, Rod, what I'm really writing to say is: WELCOME!

I think you'll like it here. We're sort of a wild and rowdy bunch from time to time, and we have been known to throw things at each other from time to time, :D But we ALL are headed in the same direction and at the end of the day, ONE DAY, we will ALL meet up someplace in this great nation for the biggest Elio Rally that this world has ever seen!!! :rolleyes:

Hope that you will be there with us!

Rod Mutzabaugh

Reaction score
Thanks for welcome, as far as submarine vets, seems a lot of us also own a Prius. I guess we Bubble Heads are not afraid of trying new things. Thanks Music Man for your particular service. I joined in 74 but VN was still on my mind, my 90 days underwater at a time, I think was nothing compared to what you and others went through in VN or any place where they shoot at you. I loved the small cars in Scotland and have been hooked on anything that will make oil as valuable as sand. Then I can tell them to pack it. Ah yes Sea Monkeys and X-ray glasses.

Top Bottom