• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Stock Offering Problems

Cedartick

Elio Fan
Reaction score
I trade in an IRA. I have been with Fidelity and Charles Schwab. The staff at both have always been very helpful. Since I already had an account, I had not considered that those without one "might" need to open one. Since there isn't a printed certificate, your stock is somewhat in the cloud...so to speak. If you don't have the need to sell your shares, maybe they can stay in the cloud. If you need an account, and must take possession by rule, then you will have to open an account. I am not sure, but there may be a minimum value to open an account with a broker, say $1000. So.....in the neighborhood of 85 shares. It is a good question you ask, because some could have purchased less than $1000 in ELIO. I am not a professional, but the sooner you know that you need to take possession the better.

TCBronson

Elio Addict
Reaction score
In the good old days they used to send you a stock certificate so you could prove you own stock. I hope I can put the Elio stock at Fidelity where I have my IRA so I can watch it when ever I want, to see it grow!! In the mean time how would my kids even know I have it to inherit it if something were to happen to me.

bunchathrees

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Anybody have suggestions on what brokerage firms would be best for somebody who has never had on before?

I've used Scottrade (a personal selection from back in the day - its been idle for a few years) and Etrade (my company established this account for me - I use it all the time). Both have been fair to me, but other people may have had different experiences. Also, There are many "Top 10" and "Top 5" lists on the web. I would read a handful of these and focus on two things: why is a brokerage losing points off of a perfect score, and is there any indication of a financial relationship between the writer and the brokerages he/she favors.

Not all platforms have great tools. This might matter if you start funding an IRA or want to play the market with additional disposable income. Otherwise, I would suggest you pick a reputable company with very low fees.

HonestTex

Elio Addict
Reaction score
The issue I'm having is that Elio is the only stock I own. Don't plan on selling or trading. Its hard to determine which broker would be the best to do basically nothing except hold my stock. I'm worried about maintenance fees and inactivity fees. Can anyone point me in the right direction? I have zero experience in this, so I'm not sure what I'm looking for when I search brokers.

Anderson Howard

Elio Addict
Reaction score
The issue I'm having is that Elio is the only stock I own. Don't plan on selling or trading. Its hard to determine which broker would be the best to do basically nothing except hold my stock. I'm worried about maintenance fees and inactivity fees. Can anyone point me in the right direction? I have zero experience in this, so I'm not sure what I'm looking for when I search brokers.
I have same problem, Only own Elio and don't know any Brokers

Coss

Staff member
Reaction score
Check with TDAmeritrade, and E*TRADE, and Fidelity (I like Fidelity, used to have my retirement account in there) and talk to them.
Make sure to write out your concerns and questions and just tell them what you want to do, they will work with you to accomplish your goals.
If you want a face to face, talk to someone at Edward Jones, they have offices everywhere.

Rob Croson

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Also: Check with your bank. Most banks have investment people, and they can probably give some guidance. Since you already bank with them, they will talk to you for free. You may find that if you have an IRA or other such account through them, that they can accommodate you with no extra expense. Depends on your bank, though.

RUCRAYZE

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Also: Check with your bank. Most banks have investment people, and they can probably give some guidance. Since you already bank with them, they will talk to you for free. You may find that if you have an IRA or other such account through them, that they can accommodate you with no extra expense. Depends on your bank, though.
I've found Wells Fargo to be very receptive and professional

Top Bottom