• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Tango Ev Commuter

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I thought the Tango deserved a spot even though it's not affordable. It makes me smile with it's 0-60 in 3.2 seconds, 106 mph 1/4 mile, and top speed 150 mph. A very unlikely looking muscle car. The more I think about it the more I like it.
image.jpg

Last edited:

Tomg3rd

Elio Addict
Reaction score
OK I'm ot even going to ask if it can tow a trailer in the snow...haha... Wonder what the MSRP on this baby is??

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
OK I'm ot even going to ask if it can tow a trailer in the snow...haha... Wonder what the MSRP on this baby is??
Actually, it blasts through 4' snow drifts and has a tow package!
It beats the Tesla Roadster and a V10 Viper in the 1/4 mile. The MSRP......prepare yourself.......
$108,000. Mass production would make it affordable..........but I don't think that many would like the styling...........I didn't the first time I saw it.......but it grew on me and I like the high performance.

BigWarpGuy

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Commuter Cars. It is small but expensive. I believe I read (agreeing with the other post) indicating that the price will be lower when they mass produce them. 'Currently, at one-at-a-time production, the price is $200k, fully assembled,' - One can buy an awful lot of Elio's for that price.
[Broken External Image]

BigWarpGuy

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Safety. 'Because of the batteries and sometimes additional ballast just 4" off of the ground, the Tango has achieved a NHTSA 5-star equivalent static rollover threshold rating. This is approximately 56 degrees which is about the same as a 911 Porsche. In fact, despite its narrow footprint, the Tango has stability that exceeds that of most sports cars.' - from the site. Low center of gravity?

Top Bottom