• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Tango Ev Commuter

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Commuter Cars. It is small but expensive. I believe I read (agreeing with the other post) indicating that the price will be lower when they mass produce them. 'Currently, at one-at-a-time production, the price is $200k, fully assembled,' - One can buy an awful lot of Elio's for that price.
[Broken External Image]
If we could somehow lock in 100,000 pre-orders that price may drop to $10k. Go Elio!

LonePine

Elio Aficionado
Reaction score
That is dangerously tVery large for the width for the wind conditions I have to deal with, just asking to be blown over.
Wow! This was my#1, very first, gut reaction impression. I've seen some Very large, heavy vehicles blown over by crosswinds in open areas that didn't seem to bother the average vehicle much, just because their side area was larger than the width of their wheelbase.

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
The Tango at 3426 lbs. is a heavy weight for it's size and 1330 lbs of that weight is battery pack in the floorboard.
Pretty stabile under any conditions. It looks fun and makes me smile when I see it..........kind of like the Elio.

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
They only need 10 orders before they build the car... wonder why they don't have 18,000 orders yet?
I compare the Tango's somewhat odd and different but friendly and likable body styling to the VW Beetle's. If the Tango had VW's marketing expertise behind it................it could be the next Beetlemania or soon to be Eliomania.............yes............. Tangomania for the high performance EV class of vehicle.

Jim H

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I compare the Tango's somewhat odd and different but friendly and likable body styling to the VW Beetle's. If the Tango had VW's marketing expertise behind it................it could be the next Beetlemania or soon to be Eliomania.............yes............. Tangomania for the high performance EV class of vehicle.
Not at that price.

KN16

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Mass production would bring the High performance Tango EV MSRP down to much less than the cost of a 2014 Beetle. Still way more than the Elio.
I don't know how you figure that. You could almost get your beetle for the cost of the batteries alone. Production numbers won't reduce that cost.

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I don't know how you figure that. You could almost get your beetle for the cost of the batteries alone. Production numbers won't reduce that cost.
A 2014 VW Beetle is $20-32k compared to a mass produced Tango: A $29k T-200 @ 15,000 units or a $10k T-100 @ 100,000 units and a rented battery pack. Even though I like the very functional Tango based on it's high performance and styling that makes me smile, I don't think the overall styling is appealing to enough commuters to ever mass produce.

Tango website info on MSRP pricing based on the number of Tango units mass produced:
image.jpg

Top Bottom