• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Tech Talk April 16, 2014

zelio

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Gotcha. I misunderstood your post, my bad. Yes, they have had the rear section embossed for rigidity from the start. I thought you were saying they were going to go with a deep grill look as you showed in your photo. (Which I like for the record). Thanks for the explanation.
I just double checked because I wanted to be sure my memory was accurate. Look at the Weather Channel video and you will see that "grill" effect on the back fenders in both the P2 (green) and the P4. I can't vouch for the purpose but it is definitely there and my impression of Elio is that if it wasn't necessary, it wouldn't be there. Or at least it wouldn't be there just for looks. I agree that the way it is rendered above is truly awesome. :-) Z

Kuda

Elio Addict
Reaction score
View attachment 577
This one's friggen' brilliant because it not only uses them but makes the best of them.

As you can tell from my Avatar I love this Retro Elio I will try my
best to recreate it in the real thing..... :)
RetroFender.jpg

Autoxdriver

Elio Aficionado
Reaction score
I was disappointed in this week's Tech Talk (becoming a pattern I'm afraid). I had requested that they address the issue of the fairings, I stated that the fact that they were necessary to achieve the mpg goal was well understood, but I asked that they address two issues that I felt were on the minds of some of us that preferred the old design:

1) Just how much (in quantifiable terms) drag do the fairings reduce over the original design? A percentage number would do, and also the resulting improvement in mpg would be nice to know. They have to know these numbers, there is no reason not to tell us.

2) Are there going to be factory options for other fenders/wheels like they initially stated when they unveiled the P4?

So they addressed the issue but only stated what was obvious to everyone already. Totally wasted space. Thank you Elio..NOT.

Last edited:

Autoxdriver

Elio Aficionado
Reaction score
This was an update to correct an error in the tech talk from 4 days ago, that's all.
You're right I had missed that one. Not sure what they corrected but it doesn't change the fact that they wasted all that space with what everyone already knew, except maybe for some of the snow related part.

KN16

Elio Addict
Reaction score
You're right I had missed that one. Not sure what they corrected but it doesn't change the fact that they wasted all that space with what everyone already knew, except maybe for some of the snow related part.
The snow was old news and where is it written that they can't put out more than one blog a week. They have enough material they could do it daily for quite a while before anyone got board with it.

Top Bottom