• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Tech Talk April 16, 2014

DBN477

Elio Addict
Reaction score
My question about the fairings and prior to that the fenders. Did they do ANY computer modeling prior to coming up with 84mpg? How can you come up with 84mpg and even be off with new design,(I can accept a little of). How can you tout 84mpg and and not even test the design you were showing. How far off were they with original fenders? Does this mean the safety rating is in jeopardy too? For the same reason as mpg, lack of computer modeling(Although I would expect safety can be increased, at the cost of higher weight).

Last edited:

Kuda

Elio Addict
Reaction score
My question about the fairings and prior to that the fenders. Did they do ANY computer modeling prior to coming up with 84mpg? How can you come up with 84mpg and even be off with new design,(I can accept a little of). How can you tout 84mpg and and not even test the design you were showing. How far off were they with original fenders? Does this mean the safety rating is in jeopardy too? For the same reason as mpg, lack of computer modeling(Although I would expect safety can be increased, at the cost of higher weight).

I saw 'somewhere' that P4 was @ 82mpg & that with the IAV motor & some design tweaks they
should achieve 84mpg...................... :)

Brian1362

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Gordon W. LearnLet me refresh your memory. Elio admen say and print that the vehicle gets 82 mpg. They say it as a fact, truth, as if it exists on the earth. Truth is an absolute defense to slander (oral) libel (written) false statements. (I am a lawyer!) So tell me then, does the vehicle exist? When was the mileage test by EPA & WHERE IS THE CERTIFICATE. if the Elio admen say: when the vehicle is finally available to the public, it is anticipated to get 84 mpg. That would be true. To say the vehicle gets 84mpg now is a bold faced lie. Do you understand? BTW, I dream of having one, I want one; I wish them the best; however, after starting their marketing with s bold face lie, I have a problem with everything they say. Now they actually have to prove it.

Is the "somewhere" source. I had to look it up. It is on the Elio Facebook page.

Brian1362

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I love the Elio facebook page!!! They blast each other, and do NOT care!! Of course, all the info is the same. Some there "claim" to be "experts" when they get their info on where? eliomotors.com and eliomotors.wordpress.com. And, of course, the best source of info, where the people go to preview the Elio.

Ty

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I love the Elio facebook page!!! They blast each other, and do NOT care!! Of course, all the info is the same. Some there "claim" to be "experts" when they get their info on where? eliomotors.com and eliomotors.wordpress.com. And, of course, the best source of info, where the people go to preview the Elio.
I'm confused. Did the Elio admen say it gets an EPA rated 84 or did they just say it gets 84 mpg? Big difference there.

Ty

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Gordon W. LearnLet me refresh your memory. Elio admen say and print that the vehicle gets 82 mpg. They say it as a fact, truth, as if it exists on the earth. Truth is an absolute defense to slander (oral) libel (written) false statements. (I am a lawyer!) So tell me then, does the vehicle exist? When was the mileage test by EPA & WHERE IS THE CERTIFICATE. if the Elio admen say: when the vehicle is finally available to the public, it is anticipated to get 84 mpg. That would be true. To say the vehicle gets 84mpg now is a bold faced lie. Do you understand? BTW, I dream of having one, I want one; I wish them the best; however, after starting their marketing with s bold face lie, I have a problem with everything they say. Now they actually have to prove it.

Is the "somewhere" source. I had to look it up. It is on the Elio Facebook page.
Did they say it gets an EPA certified 82 mpg or did you just assume that part? It is a big difference to say it gets 82 mpg and it gets an EPA certified 82 mpg...

Kuda

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Did they say it gets an EPA certified 82 mpg or did you just assume that part? It is a big difference to say it gets 82 mpg and it gets an EPA certified 82 mpg...

At this point it is all supposition, I suppose............ :)

Top Bottom