• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Tell All Your Friends, The 50% Bonus Is Back!

Oldfarmer

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I haven't looked at my Elio account lately so I figured today would be a good time to check on it. I expected to see a note or line item about the discount but there isn't anything. Just the basic $1k reservation. Seems like it would be a good idea, or at least a nice gesture, for them to note the discount on the invoice.

Semtorq

Elio Fan
Reaction score
I haven't looked at my Elio account lately so I figured today would be a good time to check on it. I expected to see a note or line item about the discount but there isn't anything. Just the basic $1k reservation. Seems like it would be a good idea, or at least a nice gesture, for them to note the discount on the invoice.

I would like to know also if either the 25% or the new 50% is actually written within our account anywhere? I may have missed this info within the past 22 pages, so I"m sorry if this has been stated aleady. Thanks.

Bill

zelio

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I would like to know also if either the 25% or the new 50% is actually written within our account anywhere? I may have missed this info within the past 22 pages, so I"m sorry if this has been stated aleady. Thanks.

Bill
The only "written confirmation" is what is posted on EM. We take that on trust of EM and Paul Elio. It is not on our individual accounts as I understand it. Think about it - this is an offer made to and accepted by a lot of people. If you were Paul Elio would you risk the fall out damage to your dream by not fulfilling this offer? I know I wouldn't and besides, I trust Paul Elio and Elio Motors. :-) Z

Semtorq

Elio Fan
Reaction score
The only "written confirmation" is what is posted on EM. We take that on trust of EM and Paul Elio. It is not on our individual accounts as I understand it. Think about it - this is an offer made to and accepted by a lot of people. If you were Paul Elio would you risk the fall out damage to your dream by not fulfilling this offer? I know I wouldn't and besides, I trust Paul Elio and Elio Motors. :) Z

All good. I knew the 25% hasnt been there ever, so I figured the 50% would not either. It just the lawyer in me coming out, I guess!

Folks

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I have at least half dozen emails from Elio and I save them in a file. It's not that I don't trust them but I figure if there is a question at checkout I'll have them.
Who said "trust but verify"? Makes perfect sense to me.
PS. Those not familiar or appreciative of the phrase won't understand how this president has long ago run the wheels off the "trust" part of the system and spends every minute of every day trying to outrun and subvert the "verification" part of this system.
Anyway; Your procedure is just good business acumen.

Kronos

Elio Aficionado
Reaction score
Maybe Norahsbed. One thing interesting is, when I upgraded to $500.00, the option to upgrade to $250.00 (which is what I was going to do) was no longer available. Maybe the $1000.00, $250.00, and $100.00 new reservations haved dropped to the point that they are basically nonexistant? I'm still trying to figure out how they can offer a number at $500.00, but I signed up at that level Friday, so time will tell. I will post any progress I make towards getting a number at only $500.00 all in.:)

I've just done similar, upgrading from $100 to the $500 All-In. I plan on upgrading to $1,000 once I can do so. I decided I'd ask Elio Motors today on Facebook whether the $500 All-In reservation would give a Spot-In-Line number as the website says and here was their response:

". . . you already have a spot in the first year of production, but we are only able to give numbers to those at the $1,000 All In level as that spot is unmovable once set."

So I'd say the website's just inaccurate at the moment, sadly. I've noticed they also mention that if the 50% bonus is popular enough they may continue it beyond the new year.

Regardless, I can't wait! :-)

JEBar

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
I've noticed they also mention that if the 50% bonus is popular enough they may continue it beyond the new year.

I figured that they had to be considering extending it when they announced it would be retroactive .... I have a hunch it will prove to be extremely popular

Jim

DWR

Elio Addict
Reaction score
It makes you wonder if they have some big fleet orders to fill out the additional reservations. I can't wait to see how the numbers go over the next few weeks. I tried to call my son to tell him to get his butt in gear while he has this hot opportunity but he is either at work or at his dads eating leftovers. My guess he is at work. Hopefully I will reach him tomorrow. :) Z
Dang it Z, you were right. I still don't get a number. I sent an email asking if I would since that is what the website said, and here is the response I got back::(

Thanks for your email and support.
Also, thanks for the heads up- the forums were correct, and we have corrected the information on our website.
While you do have a better spot in line (you're now ahead of everyone with a $100 All-In reservation and everyone with a refundable reservation) if you'd like, we'd be happy to refund the upgrade back to you.
Thanks again!
Best,
The Elio Team

Top Bottom