• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Tesla Announces $35,000 Base Model 3 Is Finally Available

TexasTesla

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Tesla launches long-awaited standard Model 3 starting at $35,000
  • Tesla said it's finally launching a standard Model 3 starting at $35,000.
  • It's also shifting all sales online and shrinking its showroom staff.
  • The base model of the Model 3 will have 220 miles of range, a top speed of 130 miles-per-hour and accelerate from 0 to 60 mph in 5.6 seconds, the company said.

RSchneider

Elio Addict
Reaction score
If they can push it even further down to <25k, they'll be affordable to the mass market.
The good thing is that Tesla is getting the price down little by little. $35K for a Model 3 is not bad. It's good to see Tesla making progress. I'm amazed at how many they have delivered so far. At the end of 2018, they were at approximately 145K Model 3's with 60K of them being in the 4th quarter alone.

Seems that Bloomberg has their own Model 3 tracker and shows that today they are approximately 212K Model 3's and they make around 5,800 per week. Tesla is now running at Elio Motors expected level of production. I never thought that would happen.

https://www.bloomberg.com/graphics/2018-tesla-tracker/

hkwinger

Elio Fan
Reaction score
Im a Model 3 owner and I can tell you that it's the best car on the market for 35K. I paid a lot more for mine and it has changed my entire view of transportation. Operating costs would be similar to the Elio with regards to gas and maintenance. At $2.5 per gallon, the Elio would cost about 3 cents per mile at 80 mpg. I currently calculate my operating cost of electric at roughly 3 cents per mile when charging off peak at home. Electric motors don't experience the wear and tear of gas engines. I would imagine that electric vehicles should run up to 300K miles pretty easily with the only issue being loss of battery capacity. As used cars hit the market in a few years, this will be a fantastic affordable option. The only negative that I see of trying to get these savings to the masses is that you will need access a home charger. So only homeowners or people who can install a home charger will see the full cost benefit.

3wheelin

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Tesla launches long-awaited standard Model 3 starting at $35,000
  • Tesla said it's finally launching a standard Model 3 starting at $35,000.
  • It's also shifting all sales online and shrinking its showroom staff.
  • The base model of the Model 3 will have 220 miles of range, a top speed of 130 miles-per-hour and accelerate from 0 to 60 mph in 5.6 seconds, the company said.
This is really good news for those reservation holders of the base 35K Tesla 3 who's been waiting for so long! I don't know the early reservation figures then add the influx of new orders due to this breaking news and E. Musk's factory have to work night and day and overtime to fulfill those numbers. Need to chime in Ty to find out how long will it take to assemble upwards of 500K base Tesla 3??? That's why E. Musk is working on setting up a factory in China- so for those who want theirs US made, time's running out! :D Flamboyant as he is, at least he gets things done! ;)
On a side note, even at 35K or close to 40K out the door, it's still a luxury for me to own when I only need an "and" ride that can travel 100 miles or less. My ICE car will still be my main ride that's not limited by range.

3wheelin

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Tesla has 500K reservations for the base Model 3? That's impressive. I wish Elio had those kind of numbers for reservations.
It was upwards of 300k only days after it was announced Tesla is producing a 35k Tesla 3! Not hard to imagine how much new orders will come in worlwide! But be reminded, reservation numbers alone although it helps, does not make the car, marketing alone does not make the car, it's following a well thought out plan and seeing it through to a final production car.

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Tesla had 500K Model 3 reservations shortly after their initial roll out announcement. I recall Tesla has currently scaled Model 3 production to 5000+ units per week. Good news for long time reservationists on finally being able to order the $35K base model that couldn’t afford the $50K+ initial fully loaded Model 3. I’m eagerly awaiting the Tesla Model Y announcement.

RSchneider, I wish Elio was starting delivery on their current 65,000 reservations!

3wheelin

Elio Addict
Reaction score
The availability of a $35,000 base Model 3 Tesla is big news!

I bet new orders for the lower-priced Model 3 will stack up quickly!
Just for fun, I went to the process of ordering one, basic Tesla 3 in black and it says about a month's time for delivery! Really, that's all??? I mean a month's wait is nothing if they can actually fufill the first 500k early reservation holders that's been waiting for almost 2 years. I will be following this really closely.

Top Bottom