• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Tesla Cyber Truck Unveil / Test Ride

Maurtis

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Glass breaking did not matter to me. As with most people, I do not like the looks. Really wanted to like it.

Which is funny since I LOVE the looks. Thinking of putting the $100 deposit down and hoping it was not just a publicity stunt. A buddy of mine already put his $100 deposit down, he loves the look as well. And the stainless, big yes! We are both 80's kids so that scratches a whole lot of scifi/fantasy itches from our childhood :D

I can only ass-u-me they would also roll out a Model <insert letter here> version with more "normal" truck styling and make a limited run of the Cybertruck body style, but we will see.

But then again, I do not need a truck for working, just small homeowner stuff. I use a Mazda3 hatchback for that now, so it not being a serious work truck is fine with me.

*Update - another one of my friends has put down their deposit, so two other people I know are all about that funky styling :D So I now personally know more people who put down money on a Tesla Cybertruck than on an Elio, LOL!

Last edited:

84mpg

Elio Addict
Reaction score
The body shape was designed at Lowe's plywood section.
Maybe it's designed to deflect law enforcement radar?

Looks like only kids would have ample headroom in the rear.
I'll keep my Ram.

Last edited:

Elio Amazed

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Which is funny since I LOVE the looks. Thinking of putting the $100 deposit down and hoping it was not just a publicity stunt. A buddy of mine already put his $100 deposit down, he loves the look as well. And the stainless, big yes! We are both 80's kids so that scratches a whole lot of scifi/fantasy itches from our childhood :D

I can only ass-u-me they would also roll out a Model <insert letter here> version with more "normal" truck styling and make a limited run of the Cybertruck body style, but we will see.

But then again, I do not need a truck for working, just small homeowner stuff. I use a Mazda3 hatchback for that now, so it not being a serious work truck is fine with me.

*Update - another one of my friends has put down their deposit, so two other people I know are all about that funky styling :D So I now personally know more people who put down money on a Tesla Cybertruck than on an Elio, LOL!
Weirdly puts me in mind of the Humvee and how different is was when it came out for the civilian market. This is like a Humvee model 2043. What really got my attention is that there is supposed to be a single motor RWD available for ~ a mere $40K.

johnsnownw

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I ordered one, the Dual Motor version. I do hope they tone down the design a bit in the intervening 2 years before it goes on sale...but it's not difficult to overlook the aesthetics when the specs and price are there.

Top Bottom