• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Tesla Sales Are Rapidly Increasing

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
One would have to compare registrations of other vehicle brands during that same time period. Overall Tesla sales in the luxury brand segment look stronger than the competitions, according to a recent InsideEVs article:
6155CF57-A6B2-4885-9059-9CFEFA7675CF.jpeg

TexasTesla

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I only have one thing to say about Tesla sales...the $35,000 standard model 3 should boost orders in a big way... so get’m before they’re sold out! ;)

Last edited:

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
So, when is Tesla going to stop making the Model 3? I didn't realize that they were stopping the production of it so soon. I guess we will have to wait for the next model then.
That’s good news for future Model Y wannabe owners. :) I think the $35K base Model 3 will dominate, but overall Model 3 sales will drop significantly, when the Model Y starts production. The trend is the luxury SUV class.

RSchneider

Elio Addict
Reaction score
That’s good news for future Model Y wannabe owners. :) I think the $35K base Model 3 will dominate, but overall Model 3 sales will drop significantly, when the Model Y starts production. The trend is the luxury SUV class.
Tesla has run out of manufacturing space and thus has stopped Model 3 production to replace it with Model Y. So make sure you get your model 3 before the shelves are empty.

Ty

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Interesting article I found today:

Registration data suggests slump in Tesla sales
Mar. 24, 2019 1:53 PM ET|About: Tesla, Inc. (TSLA)|By: SA Eli Hoffmann, SA News Editor

Registrations of new Tesla (NASDAQ:TSLA) vehicles fell significantly from January to February according to the Dominion Cross-Sell Report.

6,252 Teslas were registered with motor vehicle agencies in the 23 states covered by the report in February, compared to 23,310 in January and a monthly average of 13,000 to 17,000 in Q4.

The Jan. surge was expected, as TSLA sought to sell cars ahead of the 2018 tax credit shrink.

Dominion’s data does not yet reflect Tesla’s introduction of a $35,000 version of its Model 3 sedan, its lowest-price offering yet, which is likely to lift sales. Still, falling registration totals are a worrisome sign for the company.

Hmmm something isn't being reported?
Didn't they start shipping a lot of cars overseas in January?

TexasTesla

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Didn't they start shipping a lot of cars overseas in January?

They’ve started building a huge new factory in Shanghai. Vehicle production is slated to begin late in the year. The goal is to gradually ramp up to 500K vehicles a year. The Model 3 and Model Y are scheduled be produced at this new Chinese factory.

3wheelin

Elio Addict
Reaction score
500+ Tesla base 3 and counting...I seriously doubt any car manufacturer can touch that number when all orders are filled! I'm waiting a few years until base owners sells theirs and upgrade to the Y model! Lol

Top Bottom