• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

The Elio Automatic Transmission

Ty

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I agree - I usually hire someone who knows what they are doing to do the tricky stuff, figuring I'll go do what I do best then from those proceeds, hire someone else to do what HE does best. Win-win. By separating the DIY tasks into weekend jobs, I can spread the costs (and the fun) over several months, as needed.

The Elio is not only frugal, but by design, rather simple. I've already decided to make a few modifications to the wiring harness to hardwire the GPS and the charging pad for my phone and provide a couple of ports for my backseater for a DVD player, laptop, and her phone (she's spoiled you know, panics when her phone battery gets below 80%).
LOL... I'm in a houseful of girls... I know just what you mean. There are 4 of them and only one of me... Even the dog is a female!

outsydthebox

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Ty, Lil4x, good points. I too, enjoy doing as much as I can for myself, but there are some things (from experience) I'm just better off paying for. But I'll find a local pro rather than thru the dealer. Most services/ accessories that I provide, the dealer marks up 100% OR MORE! My Elio will (probably) be bare bones, 5-speed, with air.

Kuda

Elio Addict
Reaction score
LOL... I'm in a houseful of girls... I know just what you mean. There are 4 of them and only one of me... Even the dog is a female!

Been there,done that......
big-headache-smiley-emoticon.gif

Jim H

Elio Addict
Reaction score

karl

Elio Addict
Reaction score
My first exposure to a CVT was in an armored personnel carrier a M113. The next was my brothers DAF. They are so different than what we are accustomed to most folks use them wrong. The worst are the ones that add false steps so you can delude yourself into thinking it is a more conventional box. Blenders work, just not very exciting.

Top Bottom