• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

The Elio Comes To Nebraska....finally

larryboy

Elio Addict
Reaction score
The P3 Elio will be at the Lancaster event center (Lincoln) over the weekend. My only concern about going down to see it is that I am already having serious problems waiting for mine to be built. I think this trip will only make it worse. I would be willing to bet that a very large percentage of the Debbie Downer types in the forum have never seen an Elio in person and a much larger percentage of those who are positive and upbeat wrt the Elio have seen and sat in one.
I have also been thinking that there should be a way that those who are whining that they have been cheated/ripped off/ swindled ect and have lost their all in money can recoup some of their investment. For example, I would be willing to give someone $75 for their $100 all in reservation. The money could be put in escrow until the reservation was transferred. I may sound like I am not very sure about the Elio but I will be nearly 72 by the time my $1K all in Elio is produced. Probably will not need another one, at least, not right away.
I also just threw out the idea that an all in reservation would be worth 50% on the secondary market. I am pretty sure that a 1K all in reservation good for one of the first Elios would be worth more than $1K. Lets hear it from the Negative Nellies. If you are all in and think your Elio will not be produced how much would you sell your place in line for?

RUCRAYZE

Elio Addict
Reaction score
The P3 Elio will be at the Lancaster event center (Lincoln) over the weekend. My only concern about going down to see it is that I am already having serious problems waiting for mine to be built. I think this trip will only make it worse. I would be willing to bet that a very large percentage of the Debbie Downer types in the forum have never seen an Elio in person and a much larger percentage of those who are positive and upbeat wrt the Elio have seen and sat in one.
I have also been thinking that there should be a way that those who are whining that they have been cheated/ripped off/ swindled ect and have lost their all in money can recoup some of their investment. For example, I would be willing to give someone $75 for their $100 all in reservation. The money could be put in escrow until the reservation was transferred. I may sound like I am not very sure about the Elio but I will be nearly 72 by the time my $1K all in Elio is produced. Probably will not need another one, at least, not right away.
I also just threw out the idea that an all in reservation would be worth 50% on the secondary market. I am pretty sure that a 1K all in reservation good for one of the first Elios would be worth more than $1K. Lets hear it from the Negative Nellies. If you are all in and think your Elio will not be produced how much would you sell your place in line for?
Your not alone
1. 72 yrs
2. Sitting in it is a must!, If you get the chance, it renews the spirit.
3.Bartering/buying reservations have been addressed, but I'm not sure in the fine print of our contract if it is currently allowed, I think not. But wiser minds than I can respond

larryboy

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Your not alone
1. 72 yrs
3.Bartering/buying reservations have been addressed, but I'm not sure in the fine print of our contract if it is currently allowed, I think not. But wiser minds than I can respond

I remembered that there was some talk about transferring reservations but I was kind of interested in what people think an all in reservation is worth. I think mine is worth much more than 1K but someone who is certain that the Elio will never be produced should be willing to bite the bullet and sell it for <1K. If there was a functioning secondary market you could not buy mine for 2K. How much more would depend on how soon I could expect to get a new reservation.

larryboy

Elio Addict
Reaction score
You will be glad to see it Larry ! I drove to Denver to see the P4 but will come see the P3 this weekend. What day are you going? There are only a few of us reservation holders here in nebraska we all need to show up!
I was planning to go on Sunday but if you are going on Sat. I would like to meet you there.

RUCRAYZE

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Your not alone
1. 72 yrs
I hedged my "bet"
all in 1k, all in $100, want in 100- the spread should give an idea of the market when they start rolling off the line. My plan, I sell my first with a premium to help cover a major chunk of the second, and how it plays out after that, I still have another chance to go or not and get my $100 back.
I remembered that there was some talk about transferring reservations but I was kind of interested in what people think an all in reservation is worth. I think mine is worth much more than 1K but someone who is certain that the Elio will never be produced should be willing to bite the bullet and sell it for <1K. If there was a functioning secondary market you could not buy mine for 2K. How much more would depend on how soon I could expect to get a new reservation.
Things are worth what people are willing to pay, there has been discussion of secondary market. I think there might be something in the contract that prevents it,'cause as it gets closer, folks could order 10 with the idea of re-selling them, could be wrong, but with want-ins right now even the $100 will expect delivery within the first year. Obviously, the more real it becomes, the higher the barter, and when they drop the 500 incentive that too will probably make adjustments- Good luck whatever your decision, I hope we each get 'em

Husker1

Elio Addict
Reaction score
The elio is finally in my own backyard and I can't believe I'm not going to see it all three days:eek: maybe I'll get a wild hair and go see it tomorrow and Sunday:cool:

Top Bottom