• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

The Elio Comes To Nebraska....finally

Jim H

Elio Addict
Reaction score
The elio is finally in my own backyard and I can't believe I'm not going to see it all three days:eek: maybe I'll get a wild hair and go see it tomorrow and Sunday:cool:
Enjoy the experience. It will definitely convince you that it is real and it will convince you that your reservation was a worthwhile commitment.

wright4me

Elio Enthusiast
Reaction score
The P3 Elio will be at the Lancaster event center (Lincoln) over the weekend. My only concern about going down to see it is that I am already having serious problems waiting for mine to be built. I think this trip will only make it worse. I would be willing to bet that a very large percentage of the Debbie Downer types in the forum have never seen an Elio in person and a much larger percentage of those who are positive and upbeat wrt the Elio have seen and sat in one.
I have also been thinking that there should be a way that those who are whining that they have been cheated/ripped off/ swindled ect and have lost their all in money can recoup some of their investment. For example, I would be willing to give someone $75 for their $100 all in reservation. The money could be put in escrow until the reservation was transferred. I may sound like I am not very sure about the Elio but I will be nearly 72 by the time my $1K all in Elio is produced. Probably will not need another one, at least, not right away.
I also just threw out the idea that an all in reservation would be worth 50% on the secondary market. I am pretty sure that a 1K all in reservation good for one of the first Elios would be worth more than $1K. Lets hear it from the Negative Nellies. If you are all in and think your Elio will not be produced how much would you sell your place in line for?
Not happy with the Debbie downer reference. I am waiting very patiently.

larryboy

Elio Addict
Reaction score
we've seen the P4 but haven't seen the P3 .... please take plenty of pictures .... looking forward to your comments
I don't do pictures. Wife has the smart phone with the good camera. WRT comments, I don't know what I could say that has not been said already. I got in the front seat and had much more room than I expected. I got in the back seat without adjusting the front and there was plenty of room. A little tough to get out of but as I said I did not adjust the seat. The Elio reps were great and answered every question with enthusiasm (again and again ). I met a couple of other forum members and found them to be very knowledgeable and pleasant people. If anyone is on the fence and cannot decide if they should put down money I would encourage them to make a trip to an Elio event and see it up close. If they are still undecided they probably should keep their money in their pocket. One of the reps told us that Elio may make it back to Omaha in June for the College World Series. Baseball and the P4 Elio. Doesn't get any better. Sturgis also appears to be a possibility this August. Larryboy

JEBar

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
I don't do pictures. Wife has the smart phone with the good camera. WRT comments, I don't know what I could say that has not been said already. I got in the front seat and had much more room than I expected. I got in the back seat without adjusting the front and there was plenty of room. A little tough to get out of but as I said I did not adjust the seat. The Elio reps were great and answered every question with enthusiasm (again and again ). I met a couple of other forum members and found them to be very knowledgeable and pleasant people. If anyone is on the fence and cannot decide if they should put down money I would encourage them to make a trip to an Elio event and see it up close. If they are still undecided they probably should keep their money in their pocket. One of the reps told us that Elio may make it back to Omaha in June for the College World Series. Baseball and the P4 Elio. Doesn't get any better. Sturgis also appears to be a possibility this August. Larryboy

info appreciated .... most certainly agree with your recommendation for folks to make a strong effort to visit a tour stop .... your conversation with the fellows working the tour certainly don't show any signs of a company that they are worried about the company's future

Husker1

Elio Addict
Reaction score
image.jpg
image.jpg
So the showing of the P3 was a big hit in Nebraska! I met a few registration holders and saw several Elio wear shirts. Not only was it great to meet other like minded people, it was great to see the enthusiasm of everyone that walked by! This show was put on by Abate, who I found out called upon Elio to come to the show. The P3 was very well represented by Joel Sheltrown and I believe his son was also there. I had a great chat with larryboy who is just a few days behind me in production. A good friend of mine who has been a Harley rider for ever was even impressed. Even thought it was better than his Mini Cooper.
I reviewed the P4 after seeing it in Colorado over Labor Day. If you want to read it I think it's in the Elio colorado thread. I'm not going to do another review like that, but I'll give you a few thoughts on the P3.
I'm not going to lie, if I had seen the 3 first I would have been a little disappointed. The cool factor was there and I loved the fenders but I could tell the build wasn't as good. Now I understand this is a prototype and a great one at that, but I guess I was spoiled to see the 4 first. This all just goes to show you how impressive the 4 actually is. I'm happy the headlights were integrated into the body and the back tire looks better enclosed than exposed on the 3. The best part for me in this viewing was the color. I think the rocket silver is a very classy look and also is a great base color for any future changes. If you have a chance at all to see either of the prototypes please do! You will enjoy the experience !

Top Bottom