• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

The Elio Engine

WilliamH

Elio Addict
Reaction score
A minor correction, William...
They are claiming 60 HP compared to their anticipated 55 HP.

Thanks for the correction.
Incidentally, I did a Hi Def screen capture of the instrumentation and that box to the right of the RPM appear to show 63.43.
(That's after I blew it up.)
The sad part is I don't know whether that is HP or Torque.

Lil4X

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Hope vs. faith?
"Now faith is the confidence of things hoped for, the conviction of things not seen." (Heb. 11:1)
I have faith - that is, confidence in the production and success of EM's new baby, but at this stage, "confidence" doesn't have a delivery date. We know we're getting closer day by day, and large strides have been made in the past month, but we're really in uncharted waters here, so faith in the EM engineering and management team is necessary.

Me? While I have faith, I'll rely on grace over justice, but that's a whole 'nother story. ;)

Kuda

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Hope vs. faith?

I have faith - that is, confidence in the production and success of EM's new baby, but at this stage, "confidence" doesn't have a delivery date. We know we're getting closer day by day, and large strides have been made in the past month, but we're really in uncharted waters here, so faith in the EM engineering and management team is necessary.

Me? While I have faith, I'll rely on grace over justice, but that's a whole 'nother story. ;)

Karma & Good Juju Too! :D

upload_2015-3-17_11-26-49.jpeg

JEBar

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Tech Talk v60 – The Elio Customization Process

in the just released Tech Talk (link above) EM details the process they intend to use to add options and the time frame they project needing to do so .... if they can make it work, it will be a truly impressive operation

NSTG8R

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Tech Talk v60 – The Elio Customization Process

in the just released Tech Talk (link above) EM details the process they intend to use to add options and the time frame they project needing to do so .... if they can make it work, it will be a truly impressive operation

Impressive for sure if they can pull it off. Okay, for the "all-ins" that plan on picking up their Elio at the factory, and it sounds like there's a bunch of us picking them up in person, I'm 'assuming' that they'll have customization center on site? I haven't actually read anything addressing how they'll customize the first ones rolling off the line. One problem I'm seeing with this latest delay, is it's giving me too much time to do stupid calculations...like how many hours of "seat time" I'll have in it per year (right at 624 per yr., not counting overtime weekends, or 26 days per yr. ). This alone is making my options list get bigger! The "plus" is I have more time to increase the 'pay it off on the spot' fund.

goofyone

Staff member
Reaction score
Impressive for sure if they can pull it off. Okay, for the "all-ins" that plan on picking up their Elio at the factory, and it sounds like there's a bunch of us picking them up in person, I'm 'assuming' that they'll have customization center on site? I haven't actually read anything addressing how they'll customize the first ones rolling off the line. One problem I'm seeing with this latest delay, is it's giving me too much time to do stupid calculations...like how many hours of "seat time" I'll have in it per year (right at 624 per yr., not counting overtime weekends, or 26 days per yr. ). This alone is making my options list get bigger! The "plus" is I have more time to increase the 'pay it off on the spot' fund.

Yes there will be a marshaling center as part of the Shreveport factory.This will be the only marshaling center for the first year while EM produces vehicles for those of us with reservations. This should assist EM in refining how this process will work once retail sales begin.

Top Bottom