• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

The Elio Motors Website Is So Outdated And Confusing

RSchneider

Elio Addict
Reaction score
...o yeah, then show us, enlighten us, and give us some real numbers here how you do it- and prove to us 84 mpg is not possible using it's current state, even using the old, burrowed and discontinued 3cy. motor! Take your time!
I never said it was not possible. When you are going to state mpg, then there has to be a spec (which there is). As long as you use that spec then I don't have a problem. For Elio, it's been "up to" which means, zero to the number they pick. According to Elio Motors, that "up to 84" mpg has only been done in simulations. Not real world.

Ty

Elio Addict
Reaction score
As far as Elio and mileage, remember that IAV, a renown engine developer, engineered the Elio Motors cylinder head to achieve its fuel efficiency goal and included additional features to minimize overall costs.

Now, Elio HAS said that with the help of _____ (I'm drawing a blank... it's the company that heats up mostly Ford motors), and a top manufacturer, they will be using an engine that puts out more power (100 vs. 55) than the original IAV design. Now, they use more tricks to get the 100 HP but nothing is free. There will be some kind of MPG hit most likely. Maybe not... maybe the complexity of the motor (expense) will make up for the MPG... Cheap, Efficient, Powerful... pick any two.

As far as the 5-star crash test claims,

https://www.eliomotors.com/tech-talk-v58-recent-frontal-crash-test-simulation/

Last edited:

3wheelin

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I never said it was not possible. When you are going to state mpg, then there has to be a spec (which there is). As long as you use that spec then I don't have a problem. For Elio, it's been "up to" which means, zero to the number they pick. According to Elio Motors, that "up to 84" mpg has only been done in simulations. Not real world.
Agreed.

RUCRAYZE

Elio Addict
Reaction score

"Elio Motors: Three wheels, 84mpg, and a 5-star crash rating all for $6,800 ... The prototype is reported to achieve 86mpg and Elio hopes it'll be given a 5-star crash rating. ... Digital Trends ..."
"It's on the web,so it's gotta be true"- George Washington

TexasTesla

Elio Addict
Reaction score

"Elio Motors: Three wheels, 84mpg, and a 5-star crash rating all for $6,800 ... The prototype is reported to achieve 86mpg and Elio hopes it'll be given a 5-star crash rating. ... Digital Trends ..."
"It's on the web,so it's gotta be true"- George Washington

The Elio story is one of ever-changing promises... most of Paul’s promises have proven to be very unrealistic and overly optimistic...

Paul touted the 5-star crash promise for years... then one day the 5-star crash promise just faded away...

Grumpy Cat

Elio Addict
Reaction score
The Elio story is one of ever-changing promises... most of Paul’s promises have proven to be very unrealistic and overly optimistic...

Paul touted the 5-star crash promise for years... then one day the 5-star crash promise just faded away...

Why are you here? Just to troll the forum? Do you ever post something positive about Elio? I would hate to live with you because you seem like you are angry with other people, depression, etc.

Go outside, enjoy life. There is more to life than just being an internet tough/troll guy.

TexasTesla

Elio Addict
Reaction score
No crash rating needed for an autocycle!
IIRR, Paul was specific about the crash rating "Before" the classification came out.

Let’s keep things truthful...

In a 2014 interview...Paul Elio touted the following Elio vehicles specifications...he did promise a 5-star NHTSA safety rating...

“Paul Elio says that his vehicle will cost $6800, achieve an 84 miles per gallon fuel economy, and he anticipates a 5-star NHTSA safety rating.”

The new “autocycle” classification does not alter his original safety promise...

Last edited:
Top Bottom