• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

The Elio Motors Website Is So Outdated And Confusing

Ty

Elio Addict
Reaction score
The best example I can look at is, Theranos. I forgot about the company but when the documentary came out, be brought up some interesting things. The company was not out to rip people off, but it cane down to that the technology for the required specs was never going to work. I met someone that worked for the company lats year at a conference and what was in the documentary was conformed. The specs were something that would make anyone in business, salivate. 200 different blood tests with a machine the size of a bread maker. All with just some person getting paid minimum wage. The reality was, only two could be done and that it took the traditional method to get the other 198. It was a battle against big blood testing and the average person. The major difference is that the average person never invested in the company, it was a bunch of rich fat cats and they deserve to get taken advantage of. If they would have done to all of us, different story.

I'm starting to figure that Paul is in a predicament where he needs the world to come around to him to make this work. Theranos would have succeeded but the problem was the world still doesn't have the technology to make it work. In 30 years, it'll be a reality. Not today. As for Elio, I have my doubts that it'll give 84 mpg and cost $7450. I do think that 5 years from now and it being a hybrid, it's a reality. As fr the current promised specs, I don't see it happening. Mostly because Elio has a $0 budget for R&D and you can't make numbers like that occur unless it's way higher than zero.
At Theranos, Elizabeth Holmes was actively lying to investors and faking successful results. Paul Elio is NOT faking results, that's for sure. Paul's lack of results is actually very truthful and probably hurts him a lot. This silence is much better than being misled by some person who is pathological in her communications.

RSchneider

Elio Addict
Reaction score
At Theranos, Elizabeth Holmes was actively lying to investors and faking successful results. Paul Elio is NOT faking results, that's for sure. Paul's lack of results is actually very truthful and probably hurts him a lot. This silence is much better than being misled by some person who is pathological in her communications.
It's a fact that the Elio gives 84 mpg and that it will sell for $7,450? Theranos was to make a small blood tester that was the size of a breadmaker that could do 200 tests without the need of a huge number of techs. It was to revolutionize the medical industry because the big companies were ripping people off. Theranos kept the lie going for a while even though the employees knew it was not possible with the technology at the time.

The way I look at it is, if I stick, "up to" and "targeted" then that's just fine for investors?

Ty

Elio Addict
Reaction score
It's a fact that the Elio gives 84 mpg and that it will sell for $7,450? Theranos was to make a small blood tester that was the size of a breadmaker that could do 200 tests without the need of a huge number of techs. It was to revolutionize the medical industry because the big companies were ripping people off. Theranos kept the lie going for a while even though the employees knew it was not possible with the technology at the time.

The way I look at it is, if I stick, "up to" and "targeted" then that's just fine for investors?
Their testing models show that the Elio should be able to get 84 MPG... I suppose that will change with the new motor but that's nothing crazy... having a tester that was able to do 2 tests while telling everyone it could do 200 is quite the stretch. As to the $7,450, as far as I can tell, that's still quite doable.

RSchneider

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Their testing models show that the Elio should be able to get 84 MPG... I suppose that will change with the new motor but that's nothing crazy... having a tester that was able to do 2 tests while telling everyone it could do 200 is quite the stretch. As to the $7,450, as far as I can tell, that's still quite doable.
Remember, with Theranos they were to do 200 tests and only accomplished 2. What I'd like to see is Elio to produce real world numbers that use the same exact specification they are comparing to. I can take a Ford truck and get 100 mpg without a problem. It's that don't ask me to do it with the official test.

There's no doubt the Elio can give great mileage as what they originally used was proven with the right hypermiler, that it would give 60 with a double the width Geo Metro. That's why up to 84 doesn't mean 84.

As for the price, I'm still skeptical but it could be done. problem is, we have inflation and it's reality. So the price of the car goes up due to non Elio conditions. On the other hand, the average price is going to be $10,700 as per Paul telling us. That's more in what I call reality and the reason why he told us that. He did because he's honest and knows the real world numbers.

Ty

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Remember, with Theranos they were to do 200 tests and only accomplished 2. What I'd like to see is Elio to produce real world numbers that use the same exact specification they are comparing to. I can take a Ford truck and get 100 mpg without a problem. It's that don't ask me to do it with the official test.

There's no doubt the Elio can give great mileage as what they originally used was proven with the right hypermiler, that it would give 60 with a double the width Geo Metro. That's why up to 84 doesn't mean 84.

As for the price, I'm still skeptical but it could be done. problem is, we have inflation and it's reality. So the price of the car goes up due to non Elio conditions. On the other hand, the average price is going to be $10,700 as per Paul telling us. That's more in what I call reality and the reason why he told us that. He did because he's honest and knows the real world numbers.
Elio used the same software that the big guys use. They were quite up front about it being software based and that the software is quite accurate (it's why the big manufacturers use it... too expensive to keep making and remaking models). It's not like Paul said "I'd guess it'd get 84 MPG..." They had actual computer modeling involved. This is much different than making baseless claims about blood tests... IMO

RSchneider

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Elio used the same software that the big guys use. They were quite up front about it being software based and that the software is quite accurate (it's why the big manufacturers use it... too expensive to keep making and remaking models). It's not like Paul said "I'd guess it'd get 84 MPG..." They had actual computer modeling involved. This is much different than making baseless claims about blood tests... IMO
What software was it?

3wheelin

Elio Addict
Reaction score
The best example I can look at is, Theranos. I forgot about the company but when the documentary came out, be brought up some interesting things. The company was not out to rip people off, but it cane down to that the technology for the required specs was never going to work. I met someone that worked for the company lats year at a conference and what was in the documentary was conformed. The specs were something that would make anyone in business, salivate. 200 different blood tests with a machine the size of a bread maker. All with just some person getting paid minimum wage. The reality was, only two could be done and that it took the traditional method to get the other 198. It was a battle against big blood testing and the average person. The major difference is that the average person never invested in the company, it was a bunch of rich fat cats and they deserve to get taken advantage of. If they would have done to all of us, different story.

I'm starting to figure that Paul is in a predicament where he needs the world to come around to him to make this work. Theranos would have succeeded but the problem was the world still doesn't have the technology to make it work. In 30 years, it'll be a reality. Not today. As for Elio, I have my doubts that it'll give 84 mpg and cost $7450. I do think that 5 years from now and it being a hybrid, it's a reality. As fr the current promised specs, I don't see it happening. Mostly because Elio has a $0 budget for R&D and you can't make numbers like that occur unless it's way higher than zero.
Apples and oranges! Therano's Liz Holmes' already been proven guilty waiting for her sentencing. And not because she needed more funding but her machine's a fluk, it won't work! Not the case with Paul- given the funding needed to finish R&D, he could still prove 84mpg is not impossible. Bottom line is, Liz Holmes continued to LIE, Paul continued to BELIEVE! See the difference?

RSchneider

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Apples and oranges! Therano's Liz Holmes' already been proven guilty waiting for her sentencing. And not because she needed more funding but her machine's a fluk, it won't work! Not the case with Paul- given the funding needed to finish R&D, he could still prove 84mpg is not impossible. Bottom line is, Liz Holmes continued to LIE, Paul continued to BELIEVE! See the difference?
Show me the proof that 84 mpg is possible using the same exact spec that passenger cars have to use.

RUCRAYZE

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Great post because this is why I brought up the "Hey Paul" when it came to this forum. Seems that there was very little interest. Paul wakes up every morning and checks the only forum left devoted to him and all he finds are posts about everything else but the Elio. I bet he would appreciate real world solutions and constructive criticism. I know I would. Thing is Paul made this bed and needs to sleep in it. He is the one at the controls and can change it. What I want to see is some real communication and where people realize he's a real person and not just a 4 letter word. I'd work for Paul in a nanosecond but I won't do it for free. This becomes the problem. It takes money to make the world go around. I can't pay my bills with hopes and dreams. He has an idea and it can work, just not the money to do it.
Good idea, but just exactly would he say?

RUCRAYZE

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Paul also said-
5 star safety rating
Some high percentage of American made, off the shelf, parts.
The retro "clock dash" dedicated to his dad.
AND years ago I should have had my E going in for it's 60k check-up.

Top Bottom