• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

The Elio Motors Website Is So Outdated And Confusing

Grumpy Cat

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Well...it’s now been a week since I emailed my questions to Elio Motors...

Even though I received an automated confirmation that Elio Motors received my email...I never received an actual email reply to my questions...

Given that Paul Elio has completely disappeared from public view...the fact that they did not answer my email is not very surprising...

You are such a Debbie Downer. Do you suffer from depression? Are you vindictive in nature? Just curious why you continue to visit the forum and post all your negative views?

RSchneider

Elio Addict
Reaction score
You are such a Debbie Downer. Do you suffer from depression? Are you vindictive in nature? Just curious why you continue to visit the forum and post all your negative views?
Texas Tesla used to be here under a different name. Mods deleted it about a year ago. He had a Smart Car, a Cobra from South Africa and was from Texas. Texas Tesla coincidentally has (or had) the same things and from the same state.

My guess is that there is such little interest in the Elio that most have given up hope. It's onto FUV and Tesla conversations. If Elio would crank out real new news, then it would be different. As of now, if it wasn't for a few of us, this site would be relegated into the "jokes" or "NASCAR" arena because that's about it.

Since Paul will read this, he now knows that his interest base is down to a handful and if you want to get funding, you need to provide some sort of tangible evidence that people are still interested.

84mpg

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Good question Grumpy. Without a doubt - some folks (for whatever reasons) look for anything that is negative. If you didn’t know better, it’s like they’re doing their best to discourage fans even more. Don’t what it is - but something’s up.... it’s pretty obvious.

RSchneider

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Good question Grumpy. Without a doubt - some folks (for whatever reasons) look for anything that is negative. If you didn’t know better, it’s like they’re doing their best to discourage fans even more. Don’t what it is - but something’s up.... it’s pretty obvious.
Can you explain "its pretty obvious"?

Grumpy Cat

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Texas Tesla used to be here under a different name. Mods deleted it about a year ago. He had a Smart Car, a Cobra from South Africa and was from Texas. Texas Tesla coincidentally has (or had) the same things and from the same state.

My guess is that there is such little interest in the Elio that most have given up hope. It's onto FUV and Tesla conversations. If Elio would crank out real new news, then it would be different. As of now, if it wasn't for a few of us, this site would be relegated into the "jokes" or "NASCAR" arena because that's about it.

Since Paul will read this, he now knows that his interest base is down to a handful and if you want to get funding, you need to provide some sort of tangible evidence that people are still interested.
This is a much more constructive criticism/objective statement than what Texas Tesla Troll can do.

84mpg

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Can you explain "its pretty obvious"?

Well for one - several gleeful posts (in one sitting) about other vehicles and within seconds posting a snide comment about Paul. All the while saying very little - if anything - positive about the Elio.

Many negative comments are subtle... but they’re there.

He’s about to drive me off this forum - so I guess he’s accomplishing what he’s after. Discourage others and take out what is positive - Admittingly, that’s not much.

RSchneider

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Well for one - several gleeful posts (in one sitting) about other vehicles and within seconds posting a snide comment about Paul. All the while saying very little - if anything - positive about the Elio.

Many negative comments are subtle... but they’re there.

He’s about to drive me off this forum - so I guess he’s accomplishing what he’s after. Discourage others and take out what is positive - Admittingly, that’s not much.
Great post because this is why I brought up the "Hey Paul" when it came to this forum. Seems that there was very little interest. Paul wakes up every morning and checks the only forum left devoted to him and all he finds are posts about everything else but the Elio. I bet he would appreciate real world solutions and constructive criticism. I know I would. Thing is Paul made this bed and needs to sleep in it. He is the one at the controls and can change it. What I want to see is some real communication and where people realize he's a real person and not just a 4 letter word. I'd work for Paul in a nanosecond but I won't do it for free. This becomes the problem. It takes money to make the world go around. I can't pay my bills with hopes and dreams. He has an idea and it can work, just not the money to do it.

84mpg

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Great post because this is why I brought up the "Hey Paul" when it came to this forum. Seems that there was very little interest. Paul wakes up every morning and checks the only forum left devoted to him and all he finds are posts about everything else but the Elio. I bet he would appreciate real world solutions and constructive criticism. I know I would. Thing is Paul made this bed and needs to sleep in it. He is the one at the controls and can change it. What I want to see is some real communication and where people realize he's a real person and not just a 4 letter word. I'd work for Paul in a nanosecond but I won't do it for free. This becomes the problem. It takes money to make the world go around. I can't pay my bills with hopes and dreams. He has an idea and it can work, just not the money to do it.

I couldn’t agree more....

I probably couldn’t have done any better than Paul.

Whatever mistakes made - are in the past. Somehow there has to be a way to get this thing done - and for Paul to be content. It may not be the way he envisioned - but he will have to adjust. He has too.... or it will die. I’m no businessman - but even I see that.

This vehicle fills too many voids - to let it wither away.

RSchneider

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I couldn’t agree more....

I probably couldn’t have done any better than Paul.

Whatever mistakes made - are in the past. Somehow there has to be a way to get this thing done - and for Paul to be content. It may not be the way he envisioned - but he will have to adjust. He has too.... or it will die. I’m no businessman - but even I see that.

This vehicle fills too many voids - to let it wither away.
The best example I can look at is, Theranos. I forgot about the company but when the documentary came out, be brought up some interesting things. The company was not out to rip people off, but it cane down to that the technology for the required specs was never going to work. I met someone that worked for the company lats year at a conference and what was in the documentary was conformed. The specs were something that would make anyone in business, salivate. 200 different blood tests with a machine the size of a bread maker. All with just some person getting paid minimum wage. The reality was, only two could be done and that it took the traditional method to get the other 198. It was a battle against big blood testing and the average person. The major difference is that the average person never invested in the company, it was a bunch of rich fat cats and they deserve to get taken advantage of. If they would have done to all of us, different story.

I'm starting to figure that Paul is in a predicament where he needs the world to come around to him to make this work. Theranos would have succeeded but the problem was the world still doesn't have the technology to make it work. In 30 years, it'll be a reality. Not today. As for Elio, I have my doubts that it'll give 84 mpg and cost $7450. I do think that 5 years from now and it being a hybrid, it's a reality. As fr the current promised specs, I don't see it happening. Mostly because Elio has a $0 budget for R&D and you can't make numbers like that occur unless it's way higher than zero.

Top Bottom