• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

The Elio Motors Website Is So Outdated And Confusing

TexasTesla

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Received this automated email from Elio Motors this morning...now just waiting for their reply...

“Hello and thank you for emailing Elio Motors. We wanted to let you know that we received your email and you have been assigned ticket request number (140437) for future reference. This ticket number is only for this request and will be referenced in all replies. This is not your order/reservation number nor a Spot in Line number (SIL).”

“We strive to answer every email within 24 hours (with an actual human being answering every email). We will do our best to answer yours as quickly as possible.”

“Our customer service hours are Monday through Friday 9am to 4pm central time.”

“We encourage you to review the Support Section on our website (https://support.eliomotors.com/hc/en-us) for answers to our most common questions.”

Thank you for taking the time to write and we appreciate your interest and support!

“The Elio Customer Experience Team”

RSchneider

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I sent them an email and the response was:
Thank You for your interest in Elio Motors. We are happy to announce that Elon Musk has bought the company and will be handling everything from here on out. So, contact Tesla Motors for all updates.

3wheelin

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I sent them an email and the response was:
Thank You for your interest in Elio Motors. We are happy to announce that Elon Musk has bought the company and will be handling everything from here on out. So, contact Tesla Motors for all updates.
That was old news. Just hours after the buy out, a big Chinese automaker (refused to reveal the name due to gag order :pound:) made an offer so good to E. Musk he happily accepted the deal and made money in the process! So, on the positive side, our ELIO will be produced but at their huge China manufacturing/assembly plant not in Shreveport.
.....and if you believe all these, I'll tell you another! :faint::tsk:

Last edited:

RSchneider

Elio Addict
Reaction score
That was old news. Just hours after the buy out, a big Chinese automaker (refused to reveal the name due to gag order :pound:) made an offer so good to E. Musk he happily accepted the deal and made money in the process! So, on the positive side, our ELIO will be produced but at their huge China manufacturing/assembly plant.
.....and if you believe all these, I'll tell you another! :faint::tsk:
You forgot to mention that the Chinese will charge everyone $20K for the Chelio and all of those people that signed the commit to buy will be forced to pay that because of a little unknown clause in that contract.

3wheelin

Elio Addict
Reaction score
You forgot to mention that the Chinese will charge everyone $20K for the Chelio and all of those people that signed the commit to buy will be forced to pay that because of a little unknown clause in that contract.
Nope, a very reliable source informed me that all 65K + original reservation holders will get the 7K price point excluding the ones that cancelled or pulled their deposits. Then they will start NEW reservations with a new price point that will be announced soon! My 1K's still good so I'm still in! :D
.....and if you believe all these, I'll tell you another! :pound:

AriLea

Elio Addict
Reaction score
You know only about 10% of future readers will look at the date, and only a percentage of those know what April 1st stands for in 'merican speaking posts. Does anyone know what other countries hold April 1st to the same standard as the USA? I assume Canada has a clue a'boot it.

RSchneider

Elio Addict
Reaction score
You know only about 10% of future readers will look at the date, and only a percentage of those know what April 1st stands for in 'merican speaking posts. Does anyone know what other countries hold April 1st to the same standard as the USA? I assume Canada has a clue a'boot it.
Just so you know, that in the state of Louisiana, January 3 is their April Fools Day. I even have proof. Watch from the 8:30 minute mark and you'll see it's a fact. The thing is, Europe, China and South America won't realize that it was a Louisiana Aprils fools joke until the end of this year. Imagine how upset they will be when they figure this out.

TexasTesla

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Received this automated email from Elio Motors this morning...now just waiting for their reply...

“Hello and thank you for emailing Elio Motors. We wanted to let you know that we received your email and you have been assigned ticket request number (140437) for future reference. This ticket number is only for this request and will be referenced in all replies. This is not your order/reservation number nor a Spot in Line number (SIL).”

“We strive to answer every email within 24 hours (with an actual human being answering every email). We will do our best to answer yours as quickly as possible.”

“Our customer service hours are Monday through Friday 9am to 4pm central time.”

“We encourage you to review the Support Section on our website (https://support.eliomotors.com/hc/en-us) for answers to our most common questions.”

Thank you for taking the time to write and we appreciate your interest and support!

“The Elio Customer Experience Team”

As of tonight, still no direct reply from Elio Motors with regards to my questions...but it’s only been 48 hours...

Still hopeful that eventually I’ll receive a reply...

Last edited:

TexasTesla

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I emailed Elio Motors the following questions and comments today...

Good morning,

I’ve been following the Elio story for almost eight years, and had hoped to purchase an Elio Vehicle.

For the last two years I have been very dismayed with regards to Elio Motors lack of corporate transparency, and thus have the following questions.

The Elio Motors website is no longer updated on a regular basis, and is filled with inaccuracies. Do you ever have plans to start updating the website again?

Paul Elio has made several important announcements in the last year, but never follows-up with any additional public information regarding his previous announcements.

My research indicates the SEC will allow Paul to comment on the following questions.

1) What is the current status with regards to the integration of a newly sourced engine into one of the prototypes?

2) Paul made a public announcement regards issuance of a STO digital security referred to as “ElioCoin”. Why has there not been an update on his original public statement?

Would it be best that I contact Jones Trading Company with regards to “ElioCoin” information?

I feel obligated to make one final comment on behalf of the shareholders and reservation holder of Elio Motors.

Promoting corporate transparency is trait of any great CEO...Paul Elio should be very mindful of this.

I look forward to your reply!

Best regards!

Mark

I’ll let the forum membership know if I receive a reply from Elio Motors...

Well...it’s now been a week since I emailed my questions to Elio Motors...

Even though I received an automated confirmation that Elio Motors received my email...I never received an actual email reply to my questions...

Given that Paul Elio has completely disappeared from public view...the fact that they did not answer my email is not very surprising...

Top Bottom