• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

The Elio's 4 Musts.

NSTG8R

Elio Addict
Reaction score
The ONLY EV's that got me "super excited".

slot cars.jpg

Folks

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Reading all these posts about "ICE" cars made me wonder.... so I poured a bucket of crushed ice in my gas tank. I don't understand what all the fuss is about, it doesn't run worth a damn !
You were supposed to have added the proper amount of dish washing detergent. Every \body knows that gasoline has detergent in it.

Folks

Elio Addict
Reaction score
It piss me off when people are so quick to discredit EV's and using "rhetoric like carbon emissions in creating and manufacturing these batteries". Ring a bell? :D It's kinda hypocritical to give EV's a bad rap when you're still using batteries in your ICE cars, in your flashlights, cell phones, etc. don't you think?? I've driven ICE all my life and I'm fine with it- the SOLO or the ARCIMOTO is something I can afford and use so why even bring up this "ELIO has clear advantage over ANY electric alternatives". You've gotta catch up with your reading bud, 'cause everybody knows that these EV's we're all discussing here are for those that have short commutes and are fine with it. And you really didn't have to seek out an engineer's point of view....because you already know the answer don't ya? :D
Don't get pissed off, 3rd wheeler. Gas is 100 time more energy dense than electrlc. However Electric is 80 % more efficient than gas to producing actual vehicle movement. You comparing ICE car batteries usage reveals a lack power knowledge.

Neal

Elio Addict
Reaction score
It piss me off when people are so quick to discredit EV's and using "rhetoric like carbon emissions in creating and manufacturing these batteries". Ring a bell? :D It's kinda hypocritical to give EV's a bad rap when you're still using batteries in your ICE cars, in your flashlights, cell phones, etc. don't you think?? I've driven ICE all my life and I'm fine with it- the SOLO or the ARCIMOTO is something I can afford and use so why even bring up this "ELIO has clear advantage over ANY electric alternatives". You've gotta catch up with your reading bud, 'cause everybody knows that these EV's we're all discussing here are for those that have short commutes and are fine with it. And you really didn't have to seek out an engineer's point of view....because you already know the answer don't ya? :D

I am all for EV as soon as technology and infrastructure are in place. It's getting there. In a sprawled out metroplex like Dallas/Ft Worth, there just isn't the range and charging infrastructure to meets my needs. hopefully some day.

3wheelin

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Don't get pissed off, 3rd wheeler. Gas is 100 time more energy dense than electrlc. However Electric is 80 % more efficient than gas to producing actual vehicle movement. You comparing ICE car batteries usage reveals a lack power knowledge.
I'm still laughing though about somebody saying "heck, we might even beat some electric bicycles on this issue". It's either this person have something to back this up or it's just air coming from his a__! Other than that, I'm buying either the SOLO, the ARCIMOTO or the ELIO whichever comes first! :D

3wheelin

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Actually it's your thread so I shouldn't be nitpicking you! My apologies to you and our moderators- I forgot I'm on thin ice here...can't use anymore harsh language! I should have been following my signature :(

Folks

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Actually it's your thread so I shouldn't be nitpicking you! My apologies to you and our moderators- I forgot I'm on thin ice here...can't use anymore harsh language! I should have been following my signature :(
No one owns anything around here. My Yogi quote in my signature is rather poor advice. LOL Another wisdom from Yogi is, "If you see a fork in the road, take it."
About the Bicycle; I put my money where my mouth is about gas verses electric bike. I get 214 miles to the gallon. LOL Some enthusiasts have been know to put 50K miles on that cute little 4cycle engine.
ldontmissthisoportunity.JPG

3wheelin

Elio Addict
Reaction score
No one owns anything around here. My Yogi quote in my signature is rather poor advice. LOL Another wisdom from Yogi is, "If you see a fork in the road, take it."
About the Bicycle; I put my money where my mouth is about gas verses electric bike. I get 214 miles to the gallon. LOL Some enthusiasts have been know to put 50K miles on that cute little 4cycle engine.
lView attachment 22260
I remember us talking about who pollutes more/less not about gas vs electric bicycle "range"? :D Now that's a cool "easy rider" gas bike!

Folks

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I remember us talking about who pollutes more/less not about gas vs electric bicycle "range"? :D Now that's a cool "easy rider" gas bike!
The range is about 100 miles with that extra tank on the back. That's a Golden Eagle engine kit. Centrifugal clutch allows the engine to idle when not needed. The pedals out front is a mod used to adapt the bike to a recumbent style cruiser. Front wheel peddling and rear wheel motorized makes this an all wheel drive recumbent. https://cruzbike.com/

Top Bottom