• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

The "let's Argue Over Colors And What Elio 'said'" Thread

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I think the first year production Elio's should be a Limited Edition Model all the same color to speed up the production process, provided it's white.

AriLea

Elio Addict
Reaction score
There are studies as to why "we" prefer colors like silver white and black for our vehicles . It is thought that these shades connote high tech , luxury and superiority . Further , these colors provide greater residual value . I don't think this is an issue with a $6800 Elio , but could be very significant when factoring the resale of a used luxury car or truck .
OK, we did a bit of soul searching colors on the cabin scooters group. The top color by the public is consistently white, of actual purchases. That's not to say Elio buyers would go more for the color they like rater than the color they consider a sensible buy.
Then it's Silver, grey and then Black. Reds, blues, greens yellows and browns all take a far back seat.
Anyway, for us Elio groupies, will we buy the color we want or the pragmatic color we think makes sense?
Lucky for me I actually like white best, but my wife wants the Creamcickle-Orange. So I'll get one of each.. But which one first? lol

I have to admit, it depends on the Car, I'd never like white on my Atlantric, it's Candy-Metal-Flake-Racing-Electric-Blue for that one. :-)

Last edited:

JEBar

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
I think you're right on that point ....It depends on the car . A little yellow sports car can look great but a big yellow sedan belongs on the streets of NY as a taxi ..

we've had 2 yellow vehicles, one an Opal GT, a Corvette, and one of the old, large Jeep Grand Wagnoeers ... I thought all of them were sharp looking rigs

WilliamH

Elio Addict
Reaction score
It would be interesting to know what the color mix on the first 20,000 Elios is.
Since this is the first manufacturer startup in years and since there are no dealers orders in the mix this would be a unique opportunity to see what colors are really favored.
I'm thinking "creamsicle" may lead the choices because of the tour publicity. Fun color for a fun car, but who knows.

JEBar

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
I'm thinking "creamsicle" may lead the choices because of the tour publicity. Fun color for a fun car, but who knows.

iagree.gif
.... we won't make our final decision until we see the final paint selection but if we were to order today it would probably be creamsicle

cortsdad2

Elio Addict
Reaction score
That is pure BS. There are no color codes for vehicles in states, no laws were ever passed against for for car colors anywhere in the US. Our government can not control that sort of thing. Where did you get that information? I think another internet HOAX got you! "some state there are colors thar are ban (sic), while in other states they are not allowed at all" REALLY? you need to look up what "ban" means.
Truett was referring to LED colors... and he is right! Blue is reserved for police in some areas. Amber can only be used on the front and red only in the back.

Top Bottom