• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

The "let's Argue Over Colors And What Elio 'said'" Thread

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Scientific studies show that white is more visible at night and lime yellow during the day. If it would save on production cost allowing EM to stay closer to their $6800 target price they should offer only two factory color options: white and lime yellow and possibly a third two tone color option: white and lime yellow placing the emphasis on economical safety. A fourth option might be primer grey allowing for custom paint colors of choice upon delivery. Aren't you glad I'm not on EM's Paint Color Selection Team!

WilliamH

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Scientific studies show that white is more visible at night and lime yellow during the day. If it would save on production cost allowing EM to stay closer to their $6800 target price they should offer only two factory color options: white and lime yellow and possibly a third two tone color option: white and lime yellow placing the emphasis on economical safety. A fourth option might be primer grey allowing for custom paint colors of choice upon delivery. Aren't you glad I'm not on EM's Paint Color Selection Team!

You might want to read this article.

http://www.ambulancevisibility.com/index.php?p=2_2

I did some research several years ago when we were designing our security logo.
The Lime-Yellow is based in the sensitivity of the healthy eye's rods and cones.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Color_vision

Lil4X

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Put a rotating beacon on top for visibility and you can paint it any color you like! :D

I was told at a showing that the colors are the same colors used by another large auto manufacturer. She (or he) said that she (or he) couldn't tell me who, but then offered that it rhymed with 'lodge'.
Keep this between us...:cool:
Then maybe Plum Crazy is a possibility after all? Please don't tell my wife! She'll buy anything purple.

RUCRAYZE

Elio Addict
Reaction score

RUCRAYZE

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Put a rotating beacon on top for visibility and you can paint it any color you like! :D

Then maybe Plum Crazy is a possibility after all? Please don't tell my wife! She'll buy anything purple.
Unknown.jpeg
Anything???

ScarecrowRepair

Elio Aficionado
Reaction score
I've been thinking of white for the body, for night visibility, with red and green fenders for visibility in snow.

If enough people expressed interest in mismatched colors, I wonder if Elio could set up a swap forum.

But the fenders look like an easy paint job -- removable, little or nothing to mask.

Jim H

Elio Addict
Reaction score
YES........:D

RUCRAYZE

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I've been thinking of white for the body, for night visibility, with red and green fenders for visibility in snow.

If enough people expressed interest in mismatched colors, I wonder if Elio could set up a swap forum.

But the fenders look like an easy paint job -- removable, little or nothing to mask.
For sure, Elio has enough on their plate, but right here (Elio owners will be the perfect venue) which is how, in the long run this website will generate (well deserved) money

Top Bottom