• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

The "let's Argue Over Colors And What Elio 'said'" Thread

Eliometer

Elio Enthusiast
Reaction score
If I didn't have to drive on very dark roads (through mountains) I would love purple. Unfortunately I feel dark colors will simply disappear to view of other drivers under those driving conditions. So I am going for Creamsicle (no matter how it is spelled I get a red flag) and adding reflective tapes like they use on semis. I have noticed I really like to see them and I want them to readily see me also. :) Z

I hear you on that zelio. And I've got four beautiful words for you: LED under car lights!
https://www.google.com/search?q=led...yATzDw&sqi=2&ved=0CAgQ_AUoAw&biw=1662&bih=904
On an Elio of any color it would be like driving a UFO highly visible sophisticated vehicle!

JJ

Elio Fan
Reaction score

Paladin

Elio Enthusiast
Reaction score
Did you see the survey they did recently? I told them from the very beginning that Yellow would sell better than orange or the crappy Kawasaki green, and their survey proved that I was right (and I told them "I told you so"), but they are too stuck in their ways to change their mind and offer another color. Their first survey was very flawed (when they hired a company to do the survey instead of surveying potential buyers) and they picked ridiculous colors, colors that should have been much brighter, happier, noticeable colors. My only regret in being #758 is that next year they might offer better colors.

UCF'73

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Did you see the survey they did recently? I told them from the very beginning that Yellow would sell better than orange or the crappy Kawasaki green, and their survey proved that I was right (and I told them "I told you so"), but they are too stuck in their ways to change their mind and offer another color. Their first survey was very flawed (when they hired a company to do the survey instead of surveying potential buyers) and they picked ridiculous colors, colors that should have been much brighter, happier, noticeable colors. My only regret in being #758 is that next year they might offer better colors.
I have to agree. I like most everything about this vehicle, but not too crazy about those colors. I don't see why they would be locked in on color choices this early in production planning.

EastCoastCentralFla

Elio Aficionado
Reaction score
I hear you on that zelio. And I've got four beautiful words for you: LED under car lights!
https://www.google.com/search?q=led under car lights&client=firefox-a&hs=4BD&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:eek:fficial&channel=sb&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ei=8a2dU7CLBo2syATzDw&sqi=2&ved=0CAgQ_AUoAw&biw=1662&bih=904
On an Elio of any color it would be like driving a UFO highly visible sophisticated vehicle!
Man I love the LED idea. That would be a smile every time the sun went down!

EastCoastCentralFla

Elio Aficionado
Reaction score
Top Bottom