• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

The "let's Argue Over Colors And What Elio 'said'" Thread

Blueskybob

Elio Aficionado
Reaction score
]
If I didn't have to drive on very dark roads (through mountains) I would love purple. Unfortunately I feel dark colors will simply disappear to view of other drivers under those driving conditions. So I am going for Creamsicle (no matter how it is spelled I get a red flag) and adding reflective tapes like they use on semis. I have noticed I really like to see them and I want them to readily see me also. :) Z

I agree with you Zelio about how important it is to be seen. With the continued improvement in brightness and cost of LEDS, I am hoping by the time Elio is mfg we will have some aftermarket options that will really light it up. I see those LED driving lights coming down the road, long before I notice what color the vehicle is. Second for me would be good reflective paint or strips in certain areas.

outsydthebox

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Did you see the survey they did recently? I told them from the very beginning that Yellow would sell better than orange or the crappy Kawasaki green, and their survey proved that I was right (and I told them "I told you so"), but they are too stuck in their ways to change their mind and offer another color. Their first survey was very flawed (when they hired a company to do the survey instead of surveying potential buyers) and they picked ridiculous colors, colors that should have been much brighter, happier, noticeable colors. My only regret in being #758 is that next year they might offer better colors.

Great job on your colors! I too would like to see yellow ...just not "LEMON" yellow! (bad connotations) but, maybe "Banana Cream Pie". I would like to see a "Baby Blue" and "Panther Pink", too. Personally tho, I don't really care what color I get, as long as I get one!...or maybe two! or three!....I'm not greedy. :p

Last edited:

zelio

Elio Addict
Reaction score
]

I agree with you Zelio about how important it is to be seen. With the continued improvement in brightness and cost of LEDS, I am hoping by the time Elio is mfg we will have some aftermarket options that will really light it up. I see those LED driving lights coming down the road, long before I notice what color the vehicle is. Second for me would be good reflective paint or strips in certain areas.
I was behind a small school bus last night on a trip into Roseburg and the first thing I noticed was the yellow reflective tape outlining the back door. It was a built in caution sign and very impressive. And, it is a lot less expensive than lights. The trick for me will be to find someone to help me put it on so it looks professional. I don't want it to look "homemade" any more than I allow my clothing to look homemade. LOL :-) Z

EastCoastCentralFla

Elio Aficionado
Reaction score
EastCoastCentralFla, I know attachment 1010 would make many of those who want a Yellow Elio very happy.
Initially, when I actually started playing with the idea of owning an Elio, I assumed since they were putting the orange one out in the public eye, of course yellow would be one of the obvious color options. A little disappointed at first but subsequently narrowed my preferred colors down to green, orange or red. No offense intended, and I usually default to green in decisions of color, but I just couldn't brain entertain green or red for any length of time. So I too will be one of the 25,000 orange Elio owners. Somehow that fits.

The whole getting it without paint, finding a reliable shop to do my color of choice, and then shelling out the extra bucks on top of the cost of the car just goes against my making every nickel scream before it leaves my pocket. But I can see how it would be a point of pride and satisfaction to make it happen.

outsydthebox

Elio Addict
Reaction score

I would love to help you Z, but we are on opposite ends of the continent! While you are waiting for your Elio, and you are driving about, take a slow drive thru your local dealership lots. Drive around to the back part of the lot and look for people who are working on the cars. Some do paint touch-up, or dent repair, or pinstripes and graphics. Ask any one of them if they know someone who could help you stripe your Elio. They will either "point" you to the person, or give you his phone number. That person can get the reflective stripes that you are wanting, and put them on for you.
While you're there, get a business card from the "mobile paint" guys...Great to have for "later". :)

NN4S

Elio Aficionado
Reaction score
image-10-jpg.1010.jpg

This is the EXACT color that I want mine to be! Add Indian style front fenders and I'm golden... then I can have them add a purple scallop or flame wrap on the front to finish it off!!! :cool:

Paladin, may I have your permission to use this pic for my avatar?

Last edited:

viii_ball

Elio Enthusiast
Reaction score
I hear you on that zelio. And I've got four beautiful words for you: LED under car lights!
https://www.google.com/search?q=led under car lights&client=firefox-a&hs=4BD&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:eek:fficial&channel=sb&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ei=8a2dU7CLBo2syATzDw&sqi=2&ved=0CAgQ_AUoAw&biw=1662&bih=904
On an Elio of any color it would be like driving a UFO highly visible sophisticated vehicle!
If you are going this route be sure to check with your state laws. Many states do not allow you to run any vehicle with under glow LEDs while the car is in motion.

Top Bottom