• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

The P5: What Would You Change?

Kuda

Elio Addict
Reaction score
That is known as a crayfish or crawfish. It would make an interesting paint scheme for Cajun Country.

th?id=OIP.M12c68d8eac1fc0a3cf99ad8a688f6d97o0&pid=15.1&P=0&w=300&h=300.jpg
gg59552229.jpg
Well the VW became the 'Beatle'
Will the Elio become the 'Mud Bug'?

Davidpa28140

Reaction score
The "vehicle was not rated for towing", same as My G1. People have made lightweight trailers and towed with the G1 though. Some hit in mpg was the results.
It should also be remembered that some folks use the mounted tow hitch " receiver " for a place to mount bike racks. I do this now with my Ford Focus and use roof racks for my kayaks. This allows me to take both the bikes and kayaks.

Davidpa28140

Reaction score
Still don't hate it!:D
One improvement they could make is to remove the speedo mph above 100, and space the remaining numbers out to allow for a more accurate indication of the speeds people will actually be travelling at. Honestly, the ONLY time an Elio will exceed 120mph, is if it's falling off a very large cliff.
I'd second a change in the speedo numbers for more useful numbers..

Davidpa28140

Reaction score
I've said it before and I'll say it again: Speedo needs ticks every 5mph instead of 10, and the cluster needs either a digital temp gauge or battery voltage (or both?) on the left side to mirror where the gas gauge is on the right.

I love the Elgin, and I'm quite looking forward to seeing it in action in my own Elio! And even if they don't change anything about it, I'll still like it. But I'd like it more if it was just that little bit more useful :)
I would also want more information from the gauges than simply lights that come on when there is an outstanding problem... For me the value in gauges is being able to see trends so as to avoid a bigger problem..

Marshall

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Is that a creamsicle crawfish?
It may be in the future, but the only P5 I'm aware of is Red. The P4 is creamcicle. I don't know if any prototype was produced in more than a single vehicle or color. Perhaps I'll check each using the search feature.

I'd like to find out how much a custom paint job would cost to turn a basic creamcicle into a crawcicle.

image-jpg.317.jpg

P1

[Broken External Image]
P2 Same chasis as P1 with the body.

yellow_zps29aeef2d-jpg.8388.jpg

P4?

[Broken External Image]
P2, P3, P4 & P5

Last edited:

NSTG8R

Elio Addict
Reaction score
It may be in the future, but the only P5 I'm aware of is Red. The P4 is creamcicle. I don't know if any prototype was produced in more than a single vehicle or color. Perhaps I'll check each using the search feature.

I'd like to find out how much a custom paint job would cost to turn a basic creamcicle into a crawcicle.

The P5 red color was based on a vote from EM fans. All seven colors were in the race, but I'm pretty sure Paul didn't want silver, green, or creamcicle to win...They've already been there, done that color-wise with the previous prototypes.

Muzhik

Elio Addict
Reaction score
That is known as a crayfish or crawfish. It would make an interesting paint scheme for Cajun Country.

th?id=OIP.M12c68d8eac1fc0a3cf99ad8a688f6d97o0&pid=15.1&P=0&w=300&h=300.jpg
gg59552229.jpg
Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't that crayfish boiled? I thought the ones in their natural (live) state were more tan, and turned bright red after you popped them into the boiling water.

"Boiled Mud Bug" just doesn't have the same ring as "Creamsicle".

With the airtake opening in the front, how about calling it "an F-86 on wheels"?

Marshall

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't that crayfish boiled? I thought the ones in their natural (live) state were more tan, and turned bright red after you popped them into the boiling water.

"Boiled Mud Bug" just doesn't have the same ring as "Creamsicle".

With the airtake opening in the front, how about calling it "an F-86 on wheels"?
Yes. That's the way I like my crawfish, Ready to eat.

Top Bottom