• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

The P5: What Would You Change?

ImOnabus

Elio Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm glad I took the time to go back and carefully re-read that paragraph. The first time through I thought you were saying for years you used your legs as a speedometer. As in, stick your leg out and see how it drags on the pavement.

Only occasionally, and usually not intentionally. :eek2:

Although special shoes and kneepads are made to do precisely that.

Marshall

Elio Addict
Reaction score
As a very recent refugee of floods in SE Texas. I suggest elevating the tail pipe at the same time it is relocated away from the gas cap. That alone could pay for itself after driving through even 12" of water covering the road.

Maurtis

Elio Addict
Reaction score
With as light as the Elio is, I would definitely not want to drive it through high water. I imagine it would get swept away very easily. The CEO of my company lost his wife a few years ago when she got swept away in her SUV at a low water crossing during a storm :(

Kuda

Elio Addict
Reaction score
As a very recent refugee of floods in SE Texas. I suggest elevating the tail pipe at the same time it is relocated away from the gas cap. That alone could pay for itself after driving through even 12" of water covering the road.
Customizing the exhaust
will foster a cottage industry
in & of itself....

Coss

Staff member
Reaction score
Customizing the exhaust
will foster a cottage industry
in & of itself....
I don't think there is going to be any shortage of places that will modify the Elio exhaust <No, I'm not one of them>.
But any place that can hang pipe could come up with a few dozen ways it could be done.

As for getting carried away in water; it would, very easily; you'd have to get inflatable bags for either side if you're in a high water area.
Just hit the inflate button and put the paddle tires on and your set.

Sethodine

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I don't think there is going to be any shortage of places that will modify the Elio exhaust <No, I'm not one of them>.
But any place that can hang pipe could come up with a few dozen ways it could be done.

As for getting carried away in water; it would, very easily; you'd have to get inflatable bags for either side if you're in a high water area.
Just hit the inflate button and put the paddle tires on and your set.
Chitty-Chitty Bang-Bang: Elio Edition

Top Bottom